Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skunked at Jess Ranch Saturday 12/26

Try using a mesqito size 10 or smaller carolina crigged or drop shot set up. Lace it with a crawler and variate the depth you are fishing and the direction you cast. I have experienced just being a few feet off a spot and people around me catching and I'm struggling. These fish do hold at different times of the day so... Also if the crawlers don't work try orange power worms (I believe they only come in one size) just stick the shank of the hook through the worm and put powerbait around it so that is looks like a ball with a tail. they call that the mouse trap I believe. Get yourself some scent Garlic works well. Good luck hope this helps

Default Jess Ranch best spots?

Where on the 2 lakes do you suggest as being the best place to fish at Jess Ranch?

Already had one "a tandem emotion" we shoul go hit up the kelp some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Seeker View Post
    Where on the 2 lakes do you suggest as being the best place to fish at Jess Ranch?
    The inlets are the best spots on both lakes after that Grassy Point then logged shore. This is my opinion and im sticking to it

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    The inlets are the best spots on both lakes after that Grassy Point then logged shore. This is my opinion and im sticking to it
    thats pretty much it! i forgot which lake is which but the best lake is by grassy point...the inlet right there on the lake to ur left when u walk in.. go get em

OH, and hit up mammoth magic for some fishing..the guy knows what he is doing and has some bait of his that kills em at this lake..anytime of the day.lol

Quote Originally Posted by troutguy26 View Post
    OH, and hit up mammoth magic for some fishing..the guy knows what he is doing and has some bait of his that kills em at this lake..anytime of the day.lol
    You the man Troutguy, and yes please hit me up I would love to get your kids on some fish.

Default jess ranch

I was at jess ranch on sat on lake 3 across from the pump house.The bite was wide open the first hour I caught 4 two pounders and then it shut off.So we moved and shortend our leaders to 10" and found fish right away.we used salmon peach and rainbow power bait on 2lb leader it was a slow day there I usually catch my limit to quick and have to leave the first hour this time it took about 4hrs (helping my friend with his limit lol)

I was there on sat! Lake 2, it was wide open the first hour then nothing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MammothMagic View Post
    You the man Troutguy, and yes please hit me up I would love to get your kids on some fish.

thanks buddy! we need to get together and slay some fish bro! im goin to the yucaipa derby on the 9th

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12