Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castaic 12-28...

Default Castaic 12-28...

Launched at main ramp at 7:00am, it started rather windy for that early, but it calmed down and became a solid day, a bit breezy at times, but not to bad. It was rather cold at times. The water temp. seemed to be rather consistent everywhere(from 56 to about 61 degrees). Did not have a great day as far as catching fish:

Started out fishing for stripers. Fished in Eliz. Canyon....nada. Fished all along old bouy line area(it is not up), in anywhere from 50 to 120 feet of water...nada. Came back and fished right on bouy line of Slalom Cove(there were also 3-4 boats there).......caught one small striper, about 2-3 pounds or so. Used Anchovies/Sardines fishing for stripers. Saw one other boat with three guys and they caught 7-10 stripers in 4-5 hours at that same spot.

Started fishing for LMB at around 11:00am till about 1pm....nada.

I only get up to castaic about once...maybe twice a month due to my busy schedule, and I have to say that it has been a struggle to get fish, and it is also becoming frustrating. I try to get as much info from this site(those of you who have given me reports/advice have been great!), but I do not remember the last good day that I have ever had at Castaic. I realize that sometimes you just have those days, and I also realize that sometimes it can be the smallest of things that separates a good day from a not-so-good day....sorry, this is just the competitor in me wanting to catch fish..............I do realize that most people would just love a day on the lake....I know, "A Bad Day of Fishing is Better Than a Good Day of Work"!!

Mostly, I fish for LMB in the summer(using senkos and robworms), and I try for Stripers in the Winter(using anchovies/sardines)...

If anyone has any type of advice and/or thoughts and feels confident that they can share them with me, I'd be really appreciative, I dont want to take up much space on this thread, so if you can PM me that would be great.

I have has days in past years where I have had success, but those were back in the 1990s where I would get myself 5-10 crawdads and sit in a cove and catch 5 lb LMB......but not many days in recent years where I have had success at this Lake.

I have caught 2 stripers out of this lake, both in 2003 at the old bouy line(17 lber and 9lber), both nothing ever again.

Anyones, expertise would be great......................................

Thanks

Happy New Year to All

I'm thinking about heading up there tomorrow or the next day. Hopefully I will be able to catch at least one striper.