Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 181 albies

Default 181 albies

Decided to go out of Dana point instead of Newport said screw it to all the calicos that are so rare and in danger so fragile your lucky that you might know someone who might of caught one a hundred years ago before any private boaters wrecked the entire eco system because he enjoyed the taste of fresh fish

With that said went on out to the 181 trolled green and yellow and purple feathers ended up with 3. Lots of boats and lots of people pissed of on the radio
    And I sure hope someone doesn’t tell that albacore this size take a thousand years to be this big and all the other crap from the people who don’t need a boat they just walk on water to catch there fish………………Bob

That title is very decieving :evil: :lol: good job on the longfins though :thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by SanDimasLMB
    That title is very decieving :evil: :lol: good job on the longfins though :thumb:

LOL on the post .. i could have told you the c&r nazis would go after you for taking home calicos ... you gotta remember we are trying to build our calico #'s. i understand you think they are good eating (i know they are too) bbut try to release the calicos and keep the sandies ..

btw awesome job on the albies

Congrats on the Longfins!!!!

Thanks for the post, Bob.

One_Leg

Sand bass tastes like mud.
    I've seen sand-bass eat the Charmin-bass coming right out of the thru-hull fitting on a cattle-boat.
    Inedible. I'd rather eat a lizzard fish.
    I always keep the Calico's over 13" and under 3 lbs.
    Throw the big spawning females back.
    If the set limits are too lenient let's change them.
    Until then, it's perfectly legal to keep a full limit.

Hi labboss2003,

Nice job on the albies. I see sushi! You didn't happen to injure or harrass any little dolphins while you were catching those longfin did you?! :P :roll: :lol:

Not only do we have to watch what we keep but make sure other fellow creatures are healthy both phyiscally, emotionally, and spirtually! :wink: Especially the Sealions!! :?

Await further adventures, :)

JapanRon

nicely done Bob

First of all private boaters are not the ones killing off the calicos, its the cattle boats. Second yes it is legal to keep limits of calicos but that doesnt mean you have to do it!!!!!!!! Let them go and build back up the population. Keep 1 or 2 but there is no need for every person to go out and keep limits. Its just ridiculous.

What if you have a big family. Dont think two calicos are enough to feed two people. Plus people dont just walk on to the cattle boats for free. They pay good money to go catch fish to eat. Aint nothing wrong with keeping some fish. Im sure the dfg would put restrictions in if they felt the calico population was in need of some guidance.

Default reply

181 albacore , what boat and how far did you have to travel for these tasty fish ? good pics , and when iam scuba diving theres no way you can get close to a good sized , old calico , just as good ,lol // db

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast