Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Silverwood 12/26

Default Silverwood 12/26

Northside of the lake, lot 6

It was about 30 degrees when we got up there at about 8am, I suggest wearing thermal top and bottoms, wasn't very windy, overcast and the water was mostly calm. The water was nice and clean also.

I just bait fished, caught one on Garlic and one of an orange gulp ball. Nice fish, healthy dark green top with good looking spots & big fins. They were both about 13 inches. Had a couple other bites off of orange and chartuese gulp.

The fish weren't commiting to the bite, quick bumps so you had to be close to the pole. I used a bobber at the bottom of the rod since I couldn't tell if they were biting, also used single hooks, might have been better off with treble.

All in all it was a good day, could have been real good if I landed the other 2 but, got caught up in bullsh0tting with my dad.

Have a good season

Default Way to go

I was there the same morning, also caught 2 trout about the same size.Good job on the catching, the fishing was slow. It was also damn cold.

Yes it was slow, there was long waits in between bites and I didn't see too many people catching fish. It was also cold, I came prepared but, my dad was freezing his b@lls off. Funny because he was the one who told me to make sure I dressed warm.