Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Jess Ranch 12/26

Default Jess Ranch 12/26

I took my niece and #2 daughter to fish the main pond saturday. I usually take my 8 year old daughter to fish the" cement pond" there but she had a tae kwon do lesson that day. The place was jam packed and finding an open spot was not easy. We finally set up near the tules. Being a die hard waterfowler I got a kick out of seeing all the Canada Geese working the area along with all the ducks. After several days of hectic holiday activities I was glad to get away for some down time with my daughter and favorite niece. The day started off slow for us and we did not hook up till about 10:30 am @ which time we hooked 3 fish and landed 2 in relative quick succession. It was windy and very cold till 3:00pm when the sun finally came out. My daughter caught one @ that time with a castmaster and my niece caught one on bait. I got the ole skunkeroo. Went to claim my skunk fish and was told I was too late. The kids caight 4 nice trout and we had a very nice day together. On the way to the freeway we stopped at Carolina's in the Walmart shopping center on bear valley. The mex food(lengua, carnitas) we had was really good.
    As for the constant visits by the golf cart patrol, It annoyed me at first. But as I thought about it, it is a private pay lake and you have the choice of going elsewhere. The quality of the fish was excellent and maybe they were trying to prevent the place from becoming a Legg Lake.
    Last edited by Sac au Lait; 12-28-2009 at 12:22 AM.

Sounds like a nice day with the kids . Thanks for posting up

Default Oh

Nice report thanks for the post. Don't let them change your mind. It is annoying to have that guy come around every 5 minutes. There is a better / tactical way of monitoring your guests that come into your lake. Unfortunately I don't own my own lake so I'm sure none of you care about my ideas. It is annoying and I won't be going back. Congrats on the catches!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunker1979 View Post
    Unfortunately I don't own my own lake so I'm sure none of you care about my ideas. It is annoying and I won't be going back. Congrats on the catches!
    That's funny and it is, too bad, that you don't own your own lake. ha ha ......

Nice report Sac au Lait sounds like you had a nice day! That's what counts!!
    Last edited by M@M; 12-28-2009 at 12:57 PM.