Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Trying the duct again

Default Trying the duct again

Tried a new spot right were the duct goes under the 15 fwy. It's marked CHECK 64 395.11. Started there at 7am. Water not moving. Using 1oz Walmart brand
    (shiny yellow/white) bucktail. Cast, retrieve, cast, retrieve walk a few yards ..repeat.... Did this for approx 1/2 mile toward Hwy 395 didn't bother changing lures till fingers thawed out (note; bring gloves next time) Warmed up quick. Beautiful day! Put on 1/4oz Storm, Wild eye swim chad (pearl) Worked my way back. Trying to keep lures on the bottom most of the time. Time flew by, was already 10am. Moved to opposite side of fwy. Slipped thru fence, no walk-in opening. Tried there 45mins called it a day! Went to Walmart to buy some flukes for the next practice session.
    Closest thing I could find were some Strike King Revolutionary Soft Baits (pearl
    Z TOO) are these the same thing?? One of these days............

cutbait Guest

They will work just as well

Yes those are pretty much the same as a fluke. Get some 1/2 oz darter jig heads to put them on.

Cool, I got the darter jig heads also. I'm looking forward to trying them next time. Thanks again Cutbait and Yolo for your suggestions
    Last edited by M@M; 12-27-2009 at 05:39 PM.