Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Day after Christmas at Castaic

Default Day after Christmas at Castaic

went out with Jasper and his two sons Ken and Stanley. We got the boat in the water about noon.

I talked to T/O on the ramp as I was parking the truck. He said it had been slow in the morning. He was picking up a client for an afternoon trip.

I set up in the area where we did so well on Christmas Eve and started having my bait stolen regularly but wasn't hooking up.

T/O came by after a while, he said he was picking up a few on the troll, as he trolled by. I had to tell him that I was just donating bait. Missed one while he was watching.

I finally hooked up on one of the bait thieves. It put up a good fight on the 8 lb Berkley Vanish leader and the size 1 Owner Mosquito Hook.

5 lb 4 oz

Things were still slow for awhile but we started picking up fish here and there.

Stanley had a nice fish 5-7 pounder on but lost it to my bad knot and a kinda tight drag. My bad! Sorry, Stanley.

Here's a picture of Stanley hooked up, on his knees. He didn't get this one in either, it was to big of a rock.

Here's Jasper with one of his fish.

Ken got in on the action and we were all fired up.

At the end of the day Stanley got in on the action with a kitty.

and a striper as we were pulling the anchor and putting things away.

We ended the day by filleting 9 striper and a catfish.

Jasper and Sons went home with a big bag of fillets. I can't wait to hear how they like eating striper.

Great job to put your friends on fish Ron......

KPN.

Quote Originally Posted by kpn View Post
    Great job to put your friends on fish Ron......

KPN.
    Thanks Khanh.

These guys aren't avid fishermen. (Note the gloves.) So they didn't really know that it was really slow.

Jasper was really jazzed after he caught his first fish. They were all happy to catch fish.

We had a great time.

congrats on a nice solid day.....sweet...nothing like getting your buds on some jailbirds...nice job,

Sweeet !
    Gary