Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jingle All The Way Duct Slay

Default Jingle All The Way Duct Slay

The 661 Striper Mafia hit the duct today cause we heard the after Christmas special was going to be pretty good. We hit the first spot and on the first cast I get a hit and hook up. I 'm bringing it in and it gets off, but immediately it picks it up again and this time there is no getting away. I land the fish. Mafia members ferno and Randy are working it too but nothing for them. I make a second cast and bam again. Fish on and I am fighting it for a bit and my line goes slack. I reel in and my fluke is gone and can see my knot came undone . We keep working the spot and Ferno hooks up on a bucktail and lands his fish. It's a little bigger than mine. We work it a little longer and are trying most everything in the tackle box but nothing else there.

Off to spot number 2 and we are working it for a little while and nothing. We were almost ready to move again but I get a good hit on the bottom and hook up. I land my 2nd fish. Nothing else happening so we move to spot number 3. About my 4th cast I get a hook up and it's on again. I land it and ferno and randy are working it too but nothing biting. I get snagged and work my way down flow to try to salvage it and I am finally successful. My lucky lure is saved. I make a couple of casts and get a solid thump and I thought I hung up again but it finally takes off and the battle is on. This was one of the better fighting fish and ends up being the biggest one at 27" long. I land it for my 4th fish and we all work the spot some more but nothing else but a couple of snags for ferno and Randy so we move again. We are working our way back and hit up the first spot we started at. We are working it for a good 45 minutes and we are about to leave and I get another hook up close to shore. I land my 5th fish.

On to spot number 4 and none of us get anything. Ferno and Randy are commenting that I caught fish at every stop so far and we hope that the game has changed and it turns on for them. I say I hope it does and want Randy to beat the skunk. We hit spot 5 and nothing there either. Spot number 6 is next and after several casts I am hooked up again and land an anemic smaller striper. We are all working it and I get my final hook up and land my 7th fish. Still trying to get Randy to beat the skunk, we hit a 7th spot and nothing there for any of us. We debate whether to try one more stop and decide to get one more shot at it but the 8th stop was empty too.

We decided to call it a day and what a great day I had today. Luck was on my side because we were all fishing right next to each other and they decided to hit my lures today. We had a good range of fish that went from 3lbs to 8lbs. Some had empty stomachs but most had shrimp and the 27" 8lber had 3 sculpin in there.

. good job out there.

wow! Looks like a GREAT DAY out there! If you don't mind me asking , what time of day were you fishing. I'm still trying to catch something out of the duct down here in Hesperia. I'm going to try another area between the 15 fwy and highway 395. I don't feel very good fishing alone out here at night. DId you get my reply to message. I'm not sure I did it right and thank you.
    Last edited by M@M; 12-26-2009 at 08:01 PM.

what was the closet street you were fishing? i would like take a couple friends out to your spot and fish it. hopefully we'll be bit

Man, that's a nice stringer of fish!

M@M, I got your reply. Hopefully the info helps you. The fish were caught this morning from about 8:00am through about 1:00pm.

superbigfish, We hit lots of spots all over the Antelope Valley.

Ron, Thanks. It was a rare duct day. Maybe a good bite before the storm?

Wow Congrats Yolo!! Its been along time since Ive seen that many fish pulled from the Duct in one day, thats awesome!! I went from fishing everyday or so to nothing in the last 5 months...But I'm going up today to give it a shot..Any info on some of the areas you were at would be greatly appreciated. I dont want you true hotspot, just something to get my feet wet again....Anyways congrats again and hope to see you out there one of these days....

Nice job Yolo! I was out of town and you slay huh???? You and Ferno did a great job on those stripers.......

KPN.

Thanks Khanh. You had your chance when I was out of town last weekend

cutbait Guest

Nice stringer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast