Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A Christmas Present from Poseidon. Xmas Morning PB Halibut 12/25/09

yes art i released all but 2 i believe. wife loves halibut and its proof i went fishing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kewlwhip View Post

WOW- finally got to see your PB- congrats Arthur!!
    Thanks Hubert! How did you guys do at DVL on Sunday?
    I'll put your stuff in the mail tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    yes art i released all but 2 i believe. wife loves halibut and its proof i went fishing lol.
    That's what I wanted to hear!
    No problem bringing the wife fresh Halibut from time to time. You know what they say, "Happy wife, happy life." not that I know anything about that...

Default Bonus Report! Tough Day, the Flatties Eludes the S.W.A.T. Crew 1/3/2010

Sunday , January 3rd, 2010

Headed out with the S.W.A.T. Crew today to see if we can continue with the recent hot Winter bite. Somehow, the fish must have intercepted our communication and knew that the S.W.A.T. was about to unleash fury in the surf and vacated the assault areas. There was a leak in our intel and we are working on plugging that leak (see parting shot photo).

Conditions deteriorated within the last couple of days and the swells have picked up quite a bit. The results were churned up and chocolate water with lots of salad. We made the best of it by hitting a couple of locations, but we all paid our dues today with no fish on the scoreboard.

Even with the lack of catching, we all had a fun day spent with friends.

Steve (Flyngby) - Always great to be in the trenches with you Captain. The Flatties eluded us today… but they can’t hide for long. Keep your vessel on standby as we track the conditions for next weekend.

Jerry (JerryG) - It was fun fishing side by side with you today Jerry. Swapping stories and sharing experiences. Lots of good laughs… can’t wait to get back out there with you again when conditions improves.

Phuong (Blackwater) - My long lost S.W.A.T. member making his return to the surf scene. Nice to have you back on a reunion mission buddy. It was a rough one today, but there will be plenty of legals lying at our feet soon enough!

Mike (Bones) - We’ve been doing so well lately… we needed this trip to bring us back down to Earth. One good thing that came out of today’s mission, you found a new “Russian” friend! Don’t worry Mike, the S.W.A.T. Code is “Don’t ask, don’t tell…”

“Failure is an opportunity to begin again… more intelligently.”

Reconnaissance photos:

Sunrise at the LZ.

Met Jerry at the rendevouz point.

The fishing was as dead as this poor guy.

Mike, are those pajamas under your waders?!? Lol

Conceding “temporary” defeat.

Parting shot:
    Interrogating Santa… “Are you the intel leak…? I think Santa needs a spanking Amanda.

Arthur, Mike, Phuong, Jerry,

I had a great time out there with you all today! Although the fish did not cooperate we all gave it our best shot!!!! Here are a few pics of our treacherous day!

Me trying to get by Roxy for an early morning escape!

There used to be a trail here but mother nature has taken control!

While Arthur was already "Hunting Giants"

Phuong was trying to beat Jerry to the spot!

Phuong telling Jerry that the S.W.A.T. intensity has pick up since his last trip!

Mike finally made it down!

Jerry showing Phuong & Arthur where he last saw the 20" Great White!

We made a move to the kiddy beach but were still turned away with rough conditions.

Mike telling Phuong about his new found freind!

The reason that Mike was able to meet his new friend! His equipment needed a shower!

Where do we go now Commander?

I had another Fun Day out there with the Crew! The company of friends always overcomes the solo smelly trip! We all got to enjoy it together!

Till next time!

Steve

Steve, with all the weapons and arsenal thrown in the surf that day between five surf commandos, if there was a flattie in the mix, we would have nailed it. They got wind of our overwhelming firepower and cleared the area. Once again, Arthur, Mike, Steve & Jerry, thanks for making me feel so welcome on my reunion tour of duty in the surf. Once a SWAT, always a SWAT.

Default Wingnut's response.

Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post
    Arthur, Mike, Phuong, Jerry,

I had a great time out there with you all today! Although the fish did not cooperate we all gave it our best shot!!!! Here are a few pics of our treacherous day!

Me trying to get by Roxy for an early morning escape!

There used to be a trail here but mother nature has taken control!

While Arthur was already "Hunting Giants"

Phuong was trying to beat Jerry to the spot!

Phuong telling Jerry that the S.W.A.T. intensity has pick up since his last trip!

Mike finally made it down!

Jerry showing Phuong & Arthur where he last saw the 20" Great White!

We made a move to the kiddy beach but were still turned away with rough conditions.

Mike telling Phuong about his new found freind!

The reason that Mike was able to meet his new friend! His equipment needed a shower!

Where do we go now Commander?

I had another Fun Day out there with the Crew! The company of friends always overcomes the solo smelly trip! We all got to enjoy it together!

Till next time!

Steve
    Steve, that's the most fun I've had fishing... without catching any fish.
    Swell are flat right now but projected to pick up again by the weekend.
    Maybe time to consider Plan B...

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    Steve, with all the weapons and arsenal thrown in the surf that day between five surf commandos, if there was a flattie in the mix, we would have nailed it. They got wind of our overwhelming firepower and cleared the area. Once again, Arthur, Mike, Steve & Jerry, thanks for making me feel so welcome on my reunion tour of duty in the surf. Once a SWAT, always a SWAT.
    Phuong, I think you spent most of the day talking, not fishing. Everytime I turn my head, you're engaged in a conversation with one of the S.W.A.T. members... catching up on all the intel right buddy? Now that you've shaken the rust off, time to get down to business! See you soon.

Guys (Arthur, Mike, Phoung, Steve)

I had a \great time fishing with you guys (The Team). Thanks Guys! Although our mission got high- jacked by skunks it was sure a lot of fun none the less. We will kill those skunks next time. LOL. Looking forward to next mission.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by jerryG View Post
    Guys (Arthur, Mike, Phoung, Steve)

I had a \great time fishing with you guys (The Team). Thanks Guys! Although our mission got high- jacked by skunks it was sure a lot of fun none the less. We will kill those skunks next time. LOL. Looking forward to next mission.

Jerry
    Likewise Jerry, let's regroup and plan the next assault.
    Not this weekend though... swells projected from 4-8 feet!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456