Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Baitcasting Rod and Reel - $100

Default Fuego

If you really want to go balls out. Get the Fuego from TW for $130.00 you can change the drags to carbontex. Switch out the side plate and spool bearing to boca bearings abec 5 or 7 orangseals. You can replace the bushing in the worm gear to a bearing and if your really feeling froggy change the handle or go a lil cheap for the 4 bearing handle from daiwa for 40.00 which looks like the Fuego handle but has 4 bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigreeler View Post
    If you really want to go balls out. Get the Fuego from TW for $130.00 you can change the drags to carbontex. Switch out the side plate and spool bearing to boca bearings abec 5 or 7 orangseals. You can replace the bushing in the worm gear to a bearing and if your really feeling froggy change the handle or go a lil cheap for the 4 bearing handle from daiwa for 40.00 which looks like the Fuego handle but has 4 bearings.
    I'm not going to upgrade anything, lol. I think I would mess it up, plus it would raise the cost.

Default Fuego

lol, well if you ever decided to upgrade that reel hit me up I could assist you so you dont mess it up. Well if you have the reel, upgrades can always come in time. They are truely worth it.

I was in the same situation almost a year ago as far as budget and reel needs, i picked up a Quantum Code(7.1:1)..and a Citica at FHS for just under $200 bucks both reels have been great all around reels for me ,both can cast a mile and were paired up with Clarus rods but i have upgraded one to a Powell rod .Just from my experience both reels have been excellent for a beginner to intermediate angler.I am not an expert angler by any means but i don`t like to waste money on inferior products either. Good luck with whatever you decide to buy.

BassinChef

Are those Fuegos good for beginner baitcasters like myself?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    Are those Fuegos good for beginner baitcasters like myself?
    I feel that magforces are much easier for beginners becuase it is easily adjustable and more self-explanatory than centrifugals. So, the answer is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigreeler View Post
    Lol...that's just a bit out of this price range haha

If I have enough money after buying a fishfinder for my float tube, then I will try to buy a nice combo. I don't need anything for beginners because I cast my current reel with little to no brakes, only spool tension. I might be stuck with keeping my current rod and reel until I get some more money.

Default Fuego

CKK, come on bro your a SUPER TUNER kind of guy, thats why I said (Well if you have the reel, upgrades can always come in time. They are truely worth it.) haha you know they are.
    HAHA, lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123