Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My yearly tradition does it again

Default My yearly tradition does it again

And to think i wasnt going to fish today i was gonna stay home to prepare for tomorrow's festivities but something in the back of my head said dont break ur tradition get out and fish so i loaded up the beater and was on my way. Arrived at the lake around 10:20 made my way into the tackle shop seen some other dd fish in the cooler next to the door bs'ed with jimmy for a while then was out the door, decided to fish next to the boat ramp found a nice little spot and set up. Baits of choice today were crawlers and plastics, get both my setups out and within 10 mins my setup with the plastics starts getting hit next thing u know my indicator flys in the air grab my rod fish on but something was wrong i could not stop this fish it was like a freight train i tried and tried to turn the fish but to no avail so i decided to just put a lil pressure on the fish by thumbing my spool this did what i wanted it to do but it also cause my hook to pop out of the fishes mouth so i was like *&^%^$&%*^^*( and recasted out so i give troutdag a call and tell him what just happen his last words on the phone were catch a freight train. So now i getting thristy and didnt wanna leave my rods so i call my buddy jimmy and asked if he could bring me a monster so as he shows up im getting bit again i wanted to make sure the fish had his prize good this time so i let him run but i could tell the way my line was peeling that it wasnt no guppy so i closed my bail and fish on this fish felt like a diesel mad torque he to didnt want to cooperate either but i finally got him to turn and once i did i heard jimmy say thats a big fish , fish surfaced a couple of times then would do some mad dashes to avoid his doom finally he tires and my net biotch jimmy is there to scoop him up,lol i couldnt believe how big he was fish barely fit in the net and i think i have a farely big net. So me and jimmy rush up to weigh the beast to discover it weighed a whopping 15.12 pounds so now im really stoked because that is my personal best. So i get back to my spot put the fish in the water and cont to fish bout 20 mins later my boy troutdog shows up to see the fish and throw out a couple of lines caught two more fish then called it a day at closing.

Sofar my tradition hasnt let me down last couple of years have produced some nice fish for me over the christmas newyear holiday and i hope it doesnt stop.
    Heres a couple of pics
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

now thats what i call a tail

Last edited by 2quikmotorwerks; 12-24-2009 at 08:51 PM.

Now THAT is a trout. Awesome job.

That tail pic is epic.. Looks like the trout barely fit into your trunk.. What a beast... You always do well at the ramp... Nice going Omar... Props

Dude, that trout is incredible! Epic catch.

Nice read & even nicer trout. Congrats Omar .

Awesome! Thanks for the post Omar and Congratulations!

Congrats on your PB omar.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice Fish Kwik!!

Omar, congratulations to you on your personal best trout.

Doctorhook

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast