Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castaic Lake 12/24/09 Last one for the Year!

Default Castaic Lake 12/24/09 Last one for the Year!

Decide to take my friend Ricky and his brother Andrew out for a evening sessions at Castaic Lake. I promised to take them on Tuesday, but the winds prevented us from heading up to the lake that day. After a night of some drinks and a comedy club in Hollywood, I woke up late for fishing. Called Ricky close to 11 and got to the Lake around noon time. Around 1 we were at our spot and dropped our bait downs. It started out pretty slow, then it bit really good late into the evening. Almost WFO at times for everyone besides Ricky. We had to leave them biting to get back to the ramp in time. Here is how the day went:

Here was the first stop for the evening. The sun sets pretty quick in winter. I believe the shortest day of the year was the 21st for 2009. Now everyday will get longer and longer. That means more fishing time for me on the lake as the days goes on.

Here is Ricky with one of the fish.

More fish.

The nicer one Christmas eve.

Ricky's little brother, Andrew. Way better fisherman than Ricky.

The cooler shot of fishes.

Killer Whales on my weekly saltwater fishing trip. I forgot my parting shot of the lake this time.

Thank you for fishing with me again. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas. I probably wont do another Castaic Lake report until the next year. Hope you all had fun fishing with me and my tin boat for the past couple of months. See you Next Year!
    Last edited by marzocchi; 12-25-2009 at 03:55 AM.

Thats some good fishing for few hours. Can you rent the pontoon boats there? Maybe I wil go to the lake catsaic soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Juntao View Post
    Thats some good fishing for few hours. Can you rent the pontoon boats there? Maybe I wil go to the lake catsaic soon.
    I dont think there is any pontoon boats there. Just the regular aluminum boats. It is only $55 for all day now. Not a bad deal considering it was $75 one time. That lake is loaded with stripers and it gets more plentiful every year. There is no way of stopping them.

Quote Originally Posted by marzocchi View Post
    I dont think there is any pontoon boats there. Just the regular aluminum boats. It is only $55 for all day now. Not a bad deal considering it was $75 one time. That lake is loaded with stripers and it gets more plentiful every year. There is no way of stopping them.
    I think they need to make the striper limit in the Souther District like the Northern Pike limit. "You catch it you kill it".

Nice catch.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    I think they need to make the striper limit in the Souther District like the Northern Pike limit. "You catch it you kill it".

Nice catch.
    totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by marzocchi View Post
    Thanks for the reporting.I cald to the lake and say the saime.im going to the before jan1.maybe goodluck to.