Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: santa ana lake

Default santa ana lake

yesterday i headed out to santa ana lake and i figured that i would catch a crap load since they were stocking the lake with steelhead trout. but i was wrong. we were skunked AGAIN. we were using live worms most of the time with the occasional powerbait trout dough. i mean there were a few people catching from the shore and 1 person caught 2 on a boat, but the reason that it sucked yesterday was because after it rains, the lake gets all muddy and there is debris floating around in the water preventing the trout to SEE THE BAIT. therefor, horrible fishing at santa ana lake. after a rain it usually takes 3-4 days until the water clears back up and the fishing is good again.

i got 3 yesterday and only 1 on bait. my friend got 2 loyds and my other friend limited out in about 1hr over in chris's pond. you gota move around at sarl.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    i got 3 yesterday and only 1 on bait. my friend got 2 loyds and my other friend limited out in about 1hr over in chris's pond. you gota move around at sarl.
    how big were the lloyds???

one at about 5lbs and lost one around 8. my buddy who limited out lost a loyd 3 times haha. same fish it was funny. they also stocked early morning b4 they opend and as i drove past the docks they had the nets open so i think they stocked the nets so saturday should be pretty WFO over there.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    one at about 5lbs and lost one around 8. my buddy who limited out lost a loyd 3 times haha. same fish it was funny. they also stocked early morning b4 they opend and as i drove past the docks they had the nets open so i think they stocked the nets so saturday should be pretty WFO over there.
    lol. nice. so mini lloyds. those 6lbers are funnnn. saturday should be good and packed. lol. im gonna try and get out to corona.

yeah i like catching the 3-4lb tailwalkers rather than a 15lb loyd. the big ones only got 1 or 2 runs in them and then they olmoast die and you gota dragem in like u snagged a t-shirt haha.

lol ya thats true. where were you fishing at sarl when your buddy got those mini lloyds?

what r lloyds?

yeah at sarl. there called triplloyd trout. they have an extra chromosome that makes them grow faster and larger than a natural trout. they taste pretty good too. so basicly all fish over 5-6lbs are more than likely loyds.

wat area at sarl? bubble hole?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast