Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: castaic lake

Default castaic lake

on monday i went up to castaic lake right when they opened which was around 6:45. i was out on the water by 7:15 and the morning bite was really slow and no one was catching anything but then, around 2 or 3:00, the striper bite was crazy. we were fishing on the east side right on the buoy line and the people next to us were catching like crazy. they must have finished up with 20 stripers all over 2 lbs. the best bait to use right now is frozen anchovies. the wierd thing was we were using the same exact bait as them and we were fishing right next to them and we were the ones with the fish finder and i think i got about 1 bite the whole day and we got skunked. i guess sometimes you just have those days. but the good thing is that since we went on a monday it wasn't crowded at all. also MOST of the fish at castaic lake are 100 - 250 feet down in the water since the water temperature is getting colder.
    Last edited by bassmaster5529; 12-24-2009 at 01:47 PM.

Right on, thanks for the the report. I fished there Sunday and experienced the same thing. Those fish are super deep right now.