Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jess Ranch 12/20

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Looks like there will be a few more 'vacant spots' at Jess Ranch....

Jim and the other staff are the reason J/R stays so nice and pleasant to be at...

If your not a social butterfly then why are you on a public forum??? Just sayin...

Jess ranch is a great lake that i just discovered myself this winter. Fished it three times already and I love it. I think having the patrol guy drive around like that benefits everyone. No worries bout poachers or snaggers which means limits for all and less spooked big fish...

If you dont want to catch your limit of smaller fish then I suggest you sight fish for the big boys. That will take up your whole day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    GOOD NEWS!!!!

Looks like there will be a few more 'vacant spots' at Jess Ranch....

Jim and the other staff are the reason J/R stays so nice and pleasant to be at...

Yeah a bunch of vacant spots

To each his own and all that good stuff.

I am glad someone enjoys it, being hassled that is. You obviously haven't had the same treatment as some of the other guys have and that's good. I personally have seen some things go on there that would have you and everyone else here none too happy.

If you have had a good experience I am glad, if not that is ok too, but relating your stories here is what a message board is all about so that everyone may be aware.

Happy holidays everyone

I like JR ok... I fished it before corona twice this year, the first trip I got 2 hogs. The cart guy doesn't bother me cuz I have nothing to hide. 2 fish all day 1st trip, 4 dinkers the second (both days were 90-100 degrees, tough bite). The gate lady can look in my cooler, no prob. I cleaned the trout first anyway, it'd still be easy to hide a pile of fillets if I were exceeding the limit. Just sayin...
    The cart guy also makes sure everyones got their shirt on, IMO this benefits everybody. He's not rude, but he's to the point. Hey its their lake, follow their rules or go somewhere else. Personally I like corona better for their size and boating opportunity, plus closer to home.

Okay I have to chime in on this thread and I am sorry to hear that some don't like Jess and honestly I can see why. Some people attract a certain reaction out of others that others do not. It's just like that some times. But my thing is I have fished Jess with people that are not "social butterflies" and they love jess. I'm not saying anyone is wrong for their opinions I'm just saying that you get out of life what you demand. If you demand to be bothered you will be, if you embrace the program it will embrace you. Jess has its program and it is what it is. I would love to believe that fishermen are social people but reality is that there are very few that are not. But the phrase of this thread is "It is what it is" Because I could really bash a lot of pay lakes but it is what it is!

May the new year bring fishing cheer

Default Please.............

Quote Originally Posted by Kevthecatfishstudent View Post
    Okay I have to chime in on this thread and I am sorry to hear that some don't like Jess and honestly I can see why. Some people attract a certain reaction out of others that others do not. It's just like that some times. But my thing is I have fished Jess with people that are not "social butterflies" and they love jess. I'm not saying anyone is wrong for their opinions I'm just saying that you get out of life what you demand. If you demand to be bothered you will be, if you embrace the program it will embrace you. Jess has its program and it is what it is. I would love to believe that fishermen are social people but reality is that there are very few that are not. But the phrase of this thread is "It is what it is" Because I could really bash a lot of pay lakes but it is what it is!

May the new year bring fishing cheer

Well I'm far from wanting to be bothered and the old guy in the cart bothers me. "I would love to believe that fishermen are social people but reality is that there are very few that are not," come on dude. That's what the site is for, fishing reports and input. My input is stay the hell away from Jess Ranch. If you want to go there and talk to the old man all day, go ahead. Me I don't, so I won't be back.

Default jess ranch 12/26

I went to JR yesterday it was slow on lake 3 but I was still able to get my limit.It took me 4hrs instead of 1hr.I think its one of the best pay to fish lakes around.to be able to catch one and two# trout that fight the way these fish do is great to me.And as far as jim and fred checking my stringer thats no problem if thats all I have to do to be able to fish there doesnt bother me at all

Default Jess Ranch

Ok all this talk about Jess Ranch makes me want to check it out so I'll be on the shores tomorrow. Wish me luck. Working on a goverenment contract I'm all good with having to follow rules. It's what keeps the wheels turning smoothly. As for Corona I visited it several times this year and you can count on a few things. Guys spread out over several yards hogging up prime shore line, trash everywhere except in the trash cans, and the old guy at the bait shop that refuses to talk he just looks at you until you hand him money. Oh yea you either have a great day of fishing where everyone around you is catching fish or a totally dead day. Last time we had more fun throwing rocks at a trash can. I still enjoy getting out and enjoying the outdoors but it makes it better if you see "someone" catching fish so you atleast have hope. I see the reports from Corona but for the amount of people I have seen fishing the waters it doesnt look like they have many limits. I could be wrong since I only went about 11-12 times.

Just my opinions, my comments are my findings brought on by my choices of locations to fish so don't get your scales ruffled up. I'll keep fishing Corona but if jess turns out a better bite that will be better for me since I live in Lancaster.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHBAIT View Post
    Ok all this talk about Jess Ranch makes me want to check it out so I'll be on the shores tomorrow. Wish me luck. Working on a goverenment contract I'm all good with having to follow rules. It's what keeps the wheels turning smoothly. As for Corona I visited it several times this year and you can count on a few things. Guys spread out over several yards hogging up prime shore line, trash everywhere except in the trash cans, and the old guy at the bait shop that refuses to talk he just looks at you until you hand him money. Oh yea you either have a great day of fishing where everyone around you is catching fish or a totally dead day. Last time we had more fun throwing rocks at a trash can. I still enjoy getting out and enjoying the outdoors but it makes it better if you see "someone" catching fish so you atleast have hope. I see the reports from Corona but for the amount of people I have seen fishing the waters it doesnt look like they have many limits. I could be wrong since I only went about 11-12 times.

Just my opinions, my comments are my findings brought on by my choices of locations to fish so don't get your scales ruffled up. I'll keep fishing Corona but if jess turns out a better bite that will be better for me since I live in Lancaster.

Good luck fishing tomorrow at Jess

Just my opinions, my comments are my findings brought on by my choices of locations to fish so don't get your scales ruffled up. I'll keep fishing Corona but if jess turns out a better bite that will be better for me since I live in Lancaster.[/QUOTE]

You may have a good bite there, and there's hawgs there too, just look for em. Try Lake 3 on the grassy knoll... always the best there for me anyway. I stand on a tree stump and sight fish, tossing jigs to em. Fun being able to watch them inhale a pink or green jig, then set em. Tell us how tasty you find the meat though, I'm curious what you think...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast