Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Wohlford 12/23/09 GREAT Fishing.

Default Lake Wohlford 12/23/09 GREAT Fishing.

Took my GF and I to Wohlford and had bait soaking by 7AM. Met up with one of her family members who lives near by. Landed the first couple of fish on corn PB with corn dip. The next couple of fish were landed on green gulp. White PB slayed the next few.

Finally, fishing slowed down and I was able to break out the jigs and powerworms.
    Landed 2 fish back to back on a green chart atomic tube. Then landed a few more on dropshot with a green powerworm. I used my new kencor NZ76-2V
    7'-6" rated for 2-6lb test for $40.

This rod fits the bill perfectly to supplement my 7'6'' daiwa spinmatic. The kencor fiberglass/graphite composite rod has slightly more backbone than the daiwa to sling more dropshot lead. And the daiwa is lighter and more sensitive to handle minijigs and splitshotting.

Fishing slowed. Then I went to splitshotting a green power worm. The fish were in close so I just lobbed it out and worked it back slowly. When it got into the "zone," I let it sit. 1 minute later I felt a nice tap tap on my 7'6'' daiwa spinmatic. Fought it for about 2-3minutes and ended up with a nice 4lber to top off my 14lb five fish stringer.

Had my GF reel in alot of the fish and taught her how to dropshot too.
    She had a couple of hits on DS but unfortunately missed them.
    Her 5 fish stringer ended up at 10lbs.

*all the fish except 1 were at least 1.5-3lbs. We each ended up with a couple of fish around 4lbs also.

Last edited by Bradakas; 12-23-2009 at 07:39 PM.

looks like an awesome day out there. .
    nice catch

Nice stringers. You have been hittin up lakes all over the place.I gotta try that lake out sometime. Might be hittin up LNL on the 29th. Your report inspired me to give that lake another chance. Thanks for the reports.

man thats a hell of a stringer! congrats on the slay.

Great detailed report and great fish way to get the GF out their on some fish.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloBendo420 View Post
    looks like an awesome day out there. .
    nice catch
    Thanks, yeah it was a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Liteliner View Post
    Nice stringers. You have been hittin up lakes all over the place.I gotta try that lake out sometime. Might be hittin up LNL on the 29th. Your report inspired me to give that lake another chance. Thanks for the reports.
    Forsure man. Since I'm a full time student; I got 4 weeks of break that is definately gonna be utilized to fish. Me and my GF are going to hit up LNL on the 30th. Should be great. Wohlford is a pretty awesome value at $7 to fish the lake. All they stock are pink meat tail walkers too.

Quote Originally Posted by boxl0bster View Post
    man thats a hell of a stringer! congrats on the slay.
    Thanks man. Yeah, 24lbs of fish is no joke when hiking back to the car with the chairs, rods, tackle box, ect. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MammothMagic View Post
    Great detailed report and great fish way to get the GF out their on some fish.
    Thanks. oh forsure, she told me the other day she wants to catch a 20lber...I told her I need to buy a bigger net

Hey Bradakas,
    Way to go out there at Lake Wohlford. I love this lake. I fusually hit it up every weekend. I only live about 3 miles from there so its nice!! Hey if you ever make out here again hit me up and we'll hook up and fish it together. Anyway, thanks for the great pics and great report!!

Take Care,

BooJoo

from the pics, did you fished crappie rocks area?
    nice trouts you caught there. thanks for report and pics.

Finally got the pics from the wohlford website.