Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Like Shooting Fish In A Barrel" Laguna Lake 12.22

Thanks for the update. I think I'll hit it in the morning with the swimmies.....maybe the fresh dose of stockers will get the LMB spunky.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    he wasnt trying to net the fish... he was screwing with the stock guy. that and one of you genious's kept casting 3 feet from shore... in front of ME from the other SIDE. learn to cast jokers. and dont talk **** unless you know the story.
    Anyone respectful angler who see's a guy with a net next to stocking truck would get pissed. What are people supposed to think? You should have told your friend that's not cool and will piss people off if they see you doing that. It obviously pissed some people off and he's lucky DFG was not there to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra_Smitty View Post
    Thanks for the update. I think I'll hit it in the morning with the swimmies.....maybe the fresh dose of stockers will get the LMB spunky.
    I like the way you think Smitty.

Tight lines tomorrow and sorry about the quarrel. I admitted my wrong doing so hopefully it ends there.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinflies View Post

Tight lines tomorrow and sorry about the quarrel. I admitted my wrong doing so hopefully it ends there.
    I'll post a report tomorrow afternoon if I get a chance, if not on Thursday.

Don't worry about the quarrel - the message boards are always a jungle! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by smokinflies View Post

I forgive you Rudy. Just don't let it happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MindBendo View Post
    I forgive you Rudy. Just don't let it happen again.
    LOL.

I'm not gonna start a big fight over someone's friend that thinks breaking the law is a funny joke.

At least you understand where I'm coming from Dr.Mindbendo. I seen some wrong doing going down, I address the issue and and his only come back is to clown my casting. I maybe bad at casting but at least I'm not breaking the law for a laugh or two.
    Last edited by smokinflies; 12-22-2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: spelling

If Dfg was there you know that you would have been busted regardless with the gun in your hand. I've seen DFG Wardens dressed in plain clothes, i've seen them in full on fatigues crawling out of the bushes, and ive seen grown men crying over the price of a ticket and having all there expensive gear being taken away. You never know, especially when the truck is there. If you are trying to teach a friend then you have to be a responsible and mature teacher because Wardens take their jobs seriously and in most cases less lenient then police officers. Fishing is a priviledge not a right. You may not think its serious but wait until you have a seriously fat ticket in your hand. All and all Vanilla, I hope you and your friend continue fishing as responsible sportsman and have good times fishing throughout the new year with some great posts.

As for the Flies slipping on his casting, I think he had to rub the butter on his pancakes in the morning with his thumb because they forgot to give him a knife. Maybe the butter ran onto the line so you had less thumb control but added to the fish attractant.
    Last edited by Hollywood1; 12-23-2009 at 02:07 AM.

Great report man !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradakas View Post
    Good times. Throwing a kastmaster/spinner on stocking days are a blast.
    Yup, they sure are, especially after you get your casting down.

BTW, it was a Super Duper.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Nice post with pictures great job smokinflies. That guy with the net was crazy!! what an *** hole.
    Thanks old pudd fisher. I would have replied to your comment sooner but there was a reply that needed some attention first.

Quote Originally Posted by bigd87 View Post
    that water is clear.
    Yup, it's a really clean lake. There was a guy there actually trolling around and netting all the debris floating around in the water. It's great to see a lake being pampered. I'll be visiting this place more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood1 View Post
    If Dfg was there you know that you would have been busted regardless with the gun in your hand. I've seen DFG Wardens dressed in plain clothes, i've seen them in full on fatigues crawling out of the bushes, and ive seen grown men crying over the price of a ticket and having all there expensive gear being taken away. You never know, especially when the truck is there. If you are trying to teach a friend then you have to be a responsible and mature teacher because Wardens take their jobs seriously and in most cases less lenient then police officers. Fishing is a priviledge not a right. You may not think its serious but wait until you have a seriously fat ticket in your hand. All and all Vanilla, I hope you and your friend continue fishing as responsible sportsman and have good times fishing throughout the new year with some great posts.

As for the Flies slipping on his casting, I think he had to rub the butter on his pancakes in the morning with his thumb because they forgot to give him a knife. Maybe the butter ran onto the line so you had less thumb control but added to the fish attractant.
    Thanks for the comp Hollywood . Ha, butter on the thumb, maybe I shouldn't of stop by IHOP on my way to the lake.

But seriously, I wasn't flicking the fly or tossing the baits. I was trying to use the freakin' spinner gear. I haven't touched that thing in years so I was having trouble casting that thing out. Maybe it was the 8yr old line (on the reel) that was giving my trouble. Oh well, what ever it was, it didn't stop me from CPRing some fun stockers.

As for the DFG thing, I guess some anglers don't take the DFG laws seriously.

Thanks again and it's great to see that you finally made it to this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitts0n View Post
    Great report man !!
    Thanks hitts. It's been awhile since I posted a report without a skunk attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    he wasnt trying to net the fish... he was screwing with the stock guy. that and one of you genious's kept casting 3 feet from shore... in front of ME from the other SIDE. learn to cast jokers. and dont talk **** unless you know the story.
    Hitting 3 feet from shore, repeatedly, from accross the lake? Sounds like he doesnt need any practice to me? Talking smack or not, what your buddy was doing is illegal. Even if he was just messing around, its a ticketable offense.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast