Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Like Shooting Fish In A Barrel" Laguna Lake 12.22

Default "Like Shooting Fish In A Barrel" Laguna Lake 12.22

Okay I'm gonna make this quick.

"Showed up around 7am. The sun started to shine and the skies were clear."

Met up with Jeff, his father, and his son, to do some fishing. Jeff's father was the first one to hook up on good ol' PB&J. All of them came unbuttoned as he got them to the shore.

"First hook up of the day"

After having on luck on the fly, I decided to go after the bass.

"Tied on my new favorite bait (The Spooky007 Special)"

"My Skunk Beater"

"Jeff wanted in on some bass action too, so I gave him one to try out."

" Jeff hooks up(skunk beater?)."

"These baits are deadly!!! lol"

"Surfhard shows up at around 10am for some bass action."

"Jeff's son Nathan, hooks into a skunk beater too."

"Nice stocker"

"The lunch truck shows up"

(See that one fool with the net? He was trying to fish them out with the net, right in front of the driver.)

"Surfhard hooks into the first one"

"Here's one of the ones that I hooked"

"adamrice finally shows up (You better have caught at least one after we left Adam!!!)"

I had to stop taking pics it because it was "fish on!!!" after every other cast. I brought in about 4-5 to the shoreline and lost about who knows how many. Surfhard was getting hits left and right too. All the catches were decent size (for DFG stockers).

It's been a long while since I've fished on stocking day. I wish I could do it more often. Like the title says, it was like shooting fish a a barrel.

Oh and it was cool meeting up with you guys (Brian and Adam). I had a great time fishing with you two, and I had a great time fishing with you and your family again, Jeff.

We gotta do this again real soon fellas.
    Last edited by smokinflies; 12-22-2009 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Grammer

Good times. Throwing a kastmaster/spinner on stocking days are a blast.

Nice post with pictures great job smokinflies. That guy with the net was crazy!! what an *** hole.

he wasnt trying to net the fish... he was screwing with the stock guy. that and one of you genious's kept casting 3 feet from shore... in front of ME from the other SIDE. learn to cast jokers. and dont talk **** unless you know the story.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    he wasnt trying to net the fish... he was screwing with the stock guy. that and one of you genious's kept casting 3 feet from shore... in front of ME from the other SIDE. learn to cast jokers. and dont talk **** unless you know the story.
    little testyyyy are we??? lol.

that water is clear.

well when the guys a friend and im trying to teach him how to fish for fun instead of meat. Then you got these clowns who would rather talk about what the dont know instead of helping or even just talking to people. even if he wasnt my friend he coulda been a FOB and didnt know any better, but hes not and thats that. but the casting thing was rediculous. i dont know who was wearing the blue shirt and couldnt cast a superduper but buy a casting plug and practice in your yard for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradakas View Post

Don't forget these:

I call it like I see it. If he did it once, I could see that he what messin' around, but he did it more than once and was actually looking around in the water before he did it.

If you think your buddy did nothing wrong, I feel sorry for both of you.

well when the guys a friend and im trying to teach him how to fish for fun instead of meat. Then you got these clowns who would rather talk about what the dont know instead of helping or even just talking to people. even if he wasnt my friend he coulda been a FOB and didnt know any better, but hes not and thats that. but the casting thing was rediculous. i dont know who was wearing the blue shirt and couldnt cast a superduper but buy a casting plug and practice in your yard for a while.

I was the one in the blue shirt. I admit it my casting was off. I haven't touched a spinner in yrs. but at least I wasn't breaking any laws.

Sounds like your the one that rather talk crap instead of helping someone out.

And before you starting teaching your buddies how to fish, have them read the fishing regulations before you take them onto the lake. So they don't piss everyone off by breaking the law. It's seems like you dropped the ball on helping out your own friend by teaching your friend the rules of fishing, and instead you were trying to make fun me for your friend's ignorance.
    Last edited by smokinflies; 12-23-2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: gammer and spelling

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast