Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2010: no display of fishing license

The poachers must be happy with it "No wear" they don't need the fishing license, so they can go out fishing and bring some illegal more than limit fishes and take them home. LOL

Let me reverse the situation here for a minute.. If someone told you they were a cop how many of you would be looking for a badge?.. As for me, it saddens me that we as a state are being brought down to the lowest common denominator because some people feel it's there right to break the law.

Default job

I've been checked plenty of times no warden has ever given me guff about the fact that it's in my wallet. Poachers don't use rods most of the time they're gill netting the rivers . I've seen it here in S.D. and I know its going on north of me, in salt and brackish . Where did all the bluegill go in my river .

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolux View Post
    Well if you like to be so involved in other peoples affairs maybe you should look into law enforcement as a career. It seems like you would be great at it. Calling over something so petty like no display of license is ridiculous. It seems Im beating a dead horse here, so Ill try to refrain any further arguing. All I can say is we'll just have to see how this all pans out with the dfg.
    "in other ppls affairs" When they are fishing in public parks, ponds, and/or lakes, that makes it everyones affair. I'm not telling you what you should do or shouldn't do. That's up to you. If you like seeing ppl fishing without displaying their license (if they have one) is up to you. One person might be petty, but there are hundreds/ thousands of them fishing in our parks, ponds, and lakes.

The initiative already passed so come next year ppl wouldn't have to display one. IMHO think it'll just make it easier for ppl who doesn't buy a license get by easier....

Quote Originally Posted by fish4keep View Post
    "in other ppls affairs" When they are fishing in public parks, ponds, and/or lakes, that makes it everyones affair. I'm not telling you what you should do or shouldn't do. That's up to you. If you like seeing ppl fishing without displaying their license (if they have one) is up to you. One person might be petty, but there are hundreds/ thousands of them fishing in our parks, ponds, and lakes.

The initiative already passed so come next year ppl wouldn't have to display one. IMHO think it'll just make it easier for ppl who doesn't buy a license get by easier....
    good points...but IMO...I really dont think its going to make that much of a difference.....people are either going to fish legally or illegally..whether you have to display license or not...besides....I highly doubt that the people who fish without a license even know about the new law regarding not having to display...if they fish illegally anyways, chances are that they will not know about the new law.....

i think its a good thing, cuz now when you fish, and you see someone not displaying a license, you wont get all worked up about it..and you can relax and FISH!! lol

GD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345