Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: piru 12/20

Default piru 12/20

first of all this was the best weather ive ever seen at piru. no wind, glassy, cool, clear water. and there was maybe 3 other boats out on the lake. couldn't catch a cold. but it still was nice to be out there.

perfect all day.

Does this count as a skunk-buster?

bust out that leadcore about 6 colors with the firetiger and cop car needles, they are usually my goto rig...That firetiger rapale countdown is good also the bubblegum sc shiner. I like to troll the big hammer swimbait 3" in the sea wolf, trap rigged, either on lead or flat lined...the big units will eat it and with the trap rig, they dont have a chance. check big hammer website on howto trap rig. They are on the money. It's a tough time of the year, that fall to winter changing period...you can clean up on the firetiger this time of year. See you guys out there soon, thanx for the report.
    FTW
    Last edited by Fishthewhaler; 12-20-2009 at 05:18 PM.

Piru is tough anytime of the year. at least you beat the skunk

I was there all day too and caught nothing. I guess you can have only one good thing at that lake at a time. The fish or the weather.

Donde el "cods"?

Was the water level still very low?
    We haven't gone out for a couple of weeks now. Maybe next sunday we'll be there if the water level is up.