Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: jig reel help

Stella is more expensive, a little uglier, doesn't have a cork knob, and isn't available in a shallow spool. But, the Cardiff will not come with a warranty.

JMO but I have been fishing Stellas for quite a few years since the original FA came out then to the FB and now the FD. Personally the FB is my favorite and fishes the best. I like the way it casts better and the silent drag. I have 3 FD's right now and I wish I could get new FB's.

On another note the Stradic FI vs the C14 and give me the FI all day long. Much smoother reel period, nuff said.

Sustain is a big step down from the Stella and yes I can tell a huge difference. I like the Stradic better then the Sustain as well just a really good reel with great drag and smooth smooth retrieve. Casts like a dream too.. Sustain is also a great reel don't get me wrong but for me the Stradic FI is it if it's not going to be the Stella.

Steez and Exist are also great options with the exist being the best of the whole bunch. The Exist is a notch above the Stella and if you fish Stella's and have fished one of these things you will see what I mean. A reel can only do so much so I understand the mentality of just buy something reasonably priced and it will do the trick just like any other reel but once you start to fish the higher end reels you won't go back because there really is a difference. I know I haven't given much explanation but it's something you just have to experience and then you will be able to tell for yourself.

#1)Exist
    #2)Stella
    #3)Steez

Like I said though just my opinion...

I like the Daiwa Presso 1003.

UL

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAgent View Post
    JMO but I have been fishing Stellas for quite a few years since the original FA came out then to the FB and now the FD. Personally the FB is my favorite and fishes the best. I like the way it casts better and the silent drag. I have 3 FD's right now and I wish I could get new FB's.

On another note the Stradic FI vs the C14 and give me the FI all day long. Much smoother reel period, nuff said.

Sustain is a big step down from the Stella and yes I can tell a huge difference. I like the Stradic better then the Sustain as well just a really good reel with great drag and smooth smooth retrieve. Casts like a dream too.. Sustain is also a great reel don't get me wrong but for me the Stradic FI is it if it's not going to be the Stella.

Steez and Exist are also great options with the exist being the best of the whole bunch. The Exist is a notch above the Stella and if you fish Stella's and have fished one of these things you will see what I mean. A reel can only do so much so I understand the mentality of just buy something reasonably priced and it will do the trick just like any other reel but once you start to fish the higher end reels you won't go back because there really is a difference. I know I haven't given much explanation but it's something you just have to experience and then you will be able to tell for yourself.

#1)Exist
    #2)Stella
    #3)Steez

Like I said though just my opinion...
    I'm interested in why you like the Stradic more than the Sustain. I assume price is not the issue since you did not mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post
    I'm interested in why you like the Stradic more than the Sustain. I assume price is not the issue since you did not mention it.
    Price does factor in. You can spend less for a reel that packs the same punch with the exception of 2 less bearings. I have fished with both reels jigging for trout and the FI operates very smoothly and feels better casting, retrieving and bringing in fish. The extra bearings don't always measure up to make a better reel. Example: I have fished with the Quantum reels "Energy, Catalyst and Kinetic" and have owned all 3 and not one of them compare to the Shimano reels and it's not even close. The Energy and Catalyst both have more bearing then the FI and neither one of them performs as smoothly and flawlessly as the FI with less bearings. The one thing that the top end Q-reels do have that I like is the Titanium bail that snaps back when you bend it. I am not a shimano fan boy but more a fishing fanatic that is always looking for the best and for freshwater fishing these reels kick some ***!

I just got back from Fisherman’s Access with the STRADIC CI4 it was there last one lucky i got it.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAgent View Post
    Price does factor in. You can spend less for a reel that packs the same punch with the exception of 2 less bearings. I have fished with both reels jigging for trout and the FI operates very smoothly and feels better casting, retrieving and bringing in fish. The extra bearings don't always measure up to make a better reel. Example: I have fished with the Quantum reels "Energy, Catalyst and Kinetic" and have owned all 3 and not one of them compare to the Shimano reels and it's not even close. The Energy and Catalyst both have more bearing then the FI and neither one of them performs as smoothly and flawlessly as the FI with less bearings. The one thing that the top end Q-reels do have that I like is the Titanium bail that snaps back when you bend it. I am not a shimano fan boy but more a fishing fanatic that is always looking for the best and for freshwater fishing these reels kick some ***!
    Price aside, the Sustain has everything the FI has and more. I don't understand how it is possible that the Fi could be better than the Sustain.

i guess you dont know till you use them both. i like the FI over the MGFB.

Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post
    Price aside, the Sustain has everything the FI has and more. I don't understand how it is possible that the Fi could be better than the Sustain.
    Quite simply put in my hands (for me) the FI fishes better. I like the overall feel better.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345