Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: jig reel help

Definitely!

Just curious, what reels do you guys mostly use? I've got a Saros, but I've been seeing a lot of guys going with pricier reels (Stradic and up).

Hope the weather is good for this weekend so I can go trout fishing on Saturday.

ill be at corona on saturday hopefully.

i use a symetre and a custom reel... it does seem like more and more guys are getting higher end reels.

ill be buying a stella soonish...

Check out the JDM Shimano Cardiff Area if you are going to drop that kind of money on a trout reel. I haven't used one myself, but they're designed for pay lake, artificial lure trout fishing in Japan.

http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/p...a-1000pgs.html

I was a big fan of the Quantum Energy Pti-A. They were about 160 back then. Had two of the 1000 size and they lasted me over 6 years. I finally got rid of them and picked up a new Energy Pti-B for $190. Its nice but the drag doesnt seem as good as the old model. Then the wife let me pick up a stella so I havent looked back...

Yo bsp is that JDM Shimano cardiff the same thing (internally)as the Stradic CI4? I was thinking of picking one up for dropshotting. It would match my shimano core 100 well.
    Last edited by Liteliner; 12-22-2009 at 05:52 PM.

Going off of the description on plat, I'd go with the CI4 since they appear to be very similar. The Cardiff Area probably has a lot more of a smoother feel to it since it has more bearings and probably tighter tolerances being a JDM reel. The JDM and USDM feature names don't match up exactly, so that makes it a little more difficult. Like, I have no clue what Super SHIP means. The CI4 is have the price and has the same base internals, so it looks like the better buy.

If you have the cash though, I'd try the Cardiff or the Daiwa Presso spinning reel. An Exist Native Custom costs a lot more, but should be nicer than either of those two.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Check out the JDM Shimano Cardiff Area if you are going to drop that kind of money on a trout reel. I haven't used one myself, but they're designed for pay lake, artificial lure trout fishing in Japan.

http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/p...a-1000pgs.html
    that looks sweet. any reveiws on them?

Sorry, none that I can find. It's a pretty new UL reel. There are a few reviews on the Presso spinning reel, and the people who have bought them seem to be very, very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Sorry, none that I can find. It's a pretty new UL reel. There are a few reviews on the Presso spinning reel, and the people who have bought them seem to be very, very happy.
    how much is the reel in $ not Yen

The Presso is like $440 and the Cardiff Area is $455.

i think i might go with the stella. idk what the cardiff would have that the stella wouldnt... maybe im wrong???

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast