Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: jig reel help

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    The Mirages are going to be $230-$300. Those are different from the Iron Feather. Need to confirm how much those are before I say anything. The Mirage is a killer jig rod. I was fortunate enough to receive one, and cannot wait to try it out.

CKC, for ridiculous JDM ULs, do you like the Exist Native Custom or Cardiff Areas?
    I heard the mirages were gonna be from 180-250 and the iron feathers would be 400+...

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

But the iron feathers will be cometition for a gloomis glx rod.

i excited to spend money!!!

Cool thank for all the help I am going to puck up the Stradic so thank you all for the help.

Well Sam... they'll definitely be over $100. Iron Feathers... I can check if you guys want. I won't name a price until I am very sure about it, but I can be wrong. Again though, the rods aren't even out yet so pricing can change.

CKC, I think you hit the nail on the head with longevity. I think both reels would be fun to own, but I can't see myself dropping the cash on either (or a Stella). I like the Cardiff a little bit more, but the Exist Native Custom is a sick reel too.
    Last edited by bsp; 12-22-2009 at 05:26 PM.

The Mirages are going to be $230-$300. Those are different from the Iron Feather. Need to confirm how much those are before I say anything. The Mirage is a killer jig rod. I was fortunate enough to receive one, and cannot wait to try it out.
    Im not sure what the name of the rod was that I saw at Phenix when I went to pick up my swimmie rod from them at their office. One of the guys showed me a sick 9 ft rod. Super skinny tip that you could bend in a circle. Rated 2-8 lb line. Just an awesome rod. Theres only a couple of them so far. All test dummies. Those are the ones that would probably retail for 400 he said.

Well Sam... I have no idea where you heard that figure for the Mirages, but Phenix told me that they would be $230-$300. Iron Feathers... I can check if you guys want. I won't name a price until I am very sure about it. Again though, the rods aren't even out yet so pricing can change.

CKC, I think you hit the nail on the head with longevity. I think both reels would be fun to own, but I can't see myself dropping the cash on either (or a Stella). I like the Cardiff a little bit more, but the Exist Native Custom is a sick reel too.
    lol. no reason to get defensive. im just adding my 2cents of what i heard.

calm downnnnnnn........

Quote Originally Posted by Liteliner View Post
    Im not sure what the name of the rod was that I saw at Phenix when I went to pick up my swimmie rod from them at their office. One of the guys showed me a sick 9 ft rod. Super skinny tip that you could bend in a circle. Rated 2-8 lb line. Just an awesome rod. Theres only a couple of them so far. All test dummies. Those are the ones that would probably retail for 400 he said.
    probably an iron feather.... i want one so bad. haha.

did u hear when they might be released?

Quote Originally Posted by samgann93 View Post
    probably an iron feather.... i want one so bad. haha.

did u hear when they might be released?
    Feb or March 2010.

DARN. i guess itll be ready for the 2010-2011 trout season.

Lol, sorry if it seemed like I was being defensive Sam. Didn't mean to.

I'm not positive on the prices for the Mirages anymore, so forget whatever I said. I edited my previous post to reflect that. Iron feathers will be in the high end range for sure though. LL, that was an Iron Feather. The Mirages bend in a full circle too. Both are very sick rods.
    Last edited by bsp; 12-22-2009 at 05:27 PM.

Lol, sorry if it seemed like I was being defensive Sam. Didn't mean to.

I'm not positive on the prices for the Mirages anymore, so forget whatever I said. Iron feathers will be in the high end range for sure though. LL, that was an Iron Feather. The Mirages bend in a full circle too. Both are very sick rods.
    no worries dude. haha.

just a buncha guys drooling over rods. haha (rods is a poor choice of word in that spot) haha

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast