Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: jig reel help

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    Sorry brother...i wasnt refering to your post...lol...didnt even click your links...just saw another members post.....no disrespect intended....

I guess it would depend also on how much time someone is actually going to put into it....

good luck with whatever you purchase brother...all posts are good advice..just depends on what you wanna spend....

have a good Holiday!!

GD
    Definitely not my intention man! Sorry if it seemed like that, I was agreeing that you made a very good point. If it seemed like I was reacting negatively, I sincerely apologize. You're a good guy (seen from your posts), and I've got nothing but respect for you, especially with how you hooked other FNNrs up when you worked at LBSF. Again, sorry if I offended or disrespected you in any way. That was not what I meant at all.

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    yeah..u dont need a $200 trout reel man....like nessie said..something with a SMOOTH drag tho....any stick whatsoever can result in a lost fish or more using that light line....I fish 2 and 4, mainly 2...I use a "Tiny 20".....cost me like $20 and has lasted quite awhile....

if you want shimano...get an FB or an FD....in the size your prefer...nice reels and cost around $50-$80...and no one can touch Shimano in customer service if you have probs with it...

again..just my opinion....

GD
    that's very well said gd, been saw so call fishermen with highend reels, didn't know what
    are they doing. for trout fishing all you need are basic equipments, just my 2 cent.

Well let me tell you what I would get if I had no cash limit.... For the reel you cant beat a Stella of course. It will cost you about 500 bucks. Well worth it!!!

I would suggest you wait for Phenix's new line of trout rods comin out soon. The jig rod is super sick. Probably gonna retail for 400 bucks is what I was told.

I like looking good when im out fishing trout.
    IF YOU GOT IT FLAUNT IT!!!

Oh, come on. The man says he wants the best reel available; cost is no issue. Let the man have what he wants. A Stella or a JDM UL.

Let's face it, none of us really "needs" the gear we have to catch fish. The fancy gear just makes the experience that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post
    Oh, come on. The man says he wants the best reel available; cost is no issue. Let the man have what he wants. A Stella or a JDM UL.

Let's face it, none of us really "needs" the gear we have to catch fish. The fancy gear just makes the experience that much better.
    Thats what I'm talkin about.

Quote Originally Posted by Liteliner View Post
    Thats what I'm talkin about.
    Psychotic minds think alike. I thought I was the only one crazy enough to be up at this hour on FNN.

Quote Originally Posted by Liteliner View Post
    I would suggest you wait for Phenix's new line of trout rods comin out soon. The jig rod is super sick. Probably gonna retail for 400 bucks is what I was told.
    The Mirages are going to be $230-$300. Those are different from the Iron Feather. Need to confirm how much those are before I say anything. The Mirage is a killer jig rod. I was fortunate enough to receive one, and cannot wait to try it out.

CKC, for ridiculous JDM ULs, do you like the Exist Native Custom or Cardiff Areas?
    Last edited by bsp; 12-22-2009 at 07:47 AM.

well ill tell you what. i used to use cheap reels. i USED to get 2-3 tangles/birdsnest a day while mini jigging. that being said, i have not had 1 loop, knot, or tangle with my stradic and ive been fishing it every day for 2 weeks with 2lb. p-line and izor-line. i basicly bought a shimano because of the spool design, it has the propulsion lip, tall, and the 1000FI holds 270yds of 2lb. not neccesary but i back it with 4-6lb and put about 150 yards of 2lb on it. for bait fishing you can get away with a cheap reel, but not for jigging. ive tried and have gone thru atleast 2 cheap reels a season. i got sick of it so i got the stradic and use shimano TX500FA's (about 10-15 $$) for my bait reels if i fish bait.

Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post

yeah Kevin..but Ive been this board long enuf...I have had a few people post up similar requests on SW gear...then when Ive replied with a reel costing $200-$400...I get jumped on...lol

Go slay with whatever you get brian!!

GD

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    The Mirages are going to be $230-$300. Those are different from the Iron Feather. Need to confirm how much those are before I say anything. The Mirage is a killer jig rod. I was fortunate enough to receive one, and cannot wait to try it out.

CKC, for ridiculous JDM ULs, do you like the Exist Native Custom or Cardiff Areas?
    I've had the pleasure of handling a Steez Exist Custom in the 2004 size and the thing is sick. Head and shoulders above the USDM Stella. Granted the max drag pressure is not near the Stella 1000, but it is not intended to serve that purpose. The Steez's minute drag adjustments are what sets them apart as well as the fluidity of retrieve. I have used none of the reels for long enough to accurately review the test of time, but from my experience of Daiwa vs. Shimano, I will give Shimano the edge for endurance and longevity.

I have not handled the Cardiff as of yet, but that is one piece of work.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast