Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Mead w/the kid 12/19

Default Lake Mead w/the kid 12/19

Took my roomates kid on his first fishing trip today. We got there around 9am and its windy... We went on a little hike and found a nice spot with some shad hanging around. We soaked some shad for about 2 hours and only manged 1 striper.

I tried to get the kid to land it but he was scared of losing it LOL

It was pretty slow so we just headed out to the marina to check out all the fish swimming around the docks.

Lots of carp swimming around

pr0n for Liteliner LOL

Lots of stripers in the shallower areas

Another great day on the lake and I think i got this kid hooked...Hes asking me if im gonna go back tomorrow LOL.

More reports to come...

Nice job homie...stupid question tho..how come you didnt fish for those stripers?? and you should really try carp fishin man...its fun as heck on light line..

Riteriner is going to salivate with those carp pics man..lol

GD

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    Nice job homie...stupid question tho..how come you didnt fish for those stripers?? and you should really try carp fishin man...its fun as heck on light line..

Riteriner is going to salivate with those carp pics man..lol

GD
    Youre not allowed to fish in the marina... There probably wouldnt be any stripers swimming around if they did allow it. As for the carp...i dont want to touch those ugly things. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by victor101 View Post
    Youre not allowed to fish in the marina... There probably wouldnt be any stripers swimming around if they did allow it. As for the carp...i dont want to touch those ugly things. LOL
    lol....ok....yeah...its like that in Havasu man...the "main" marinas did now allow fishing...BIG *** carp and catfish cruising in there...like fishing in an aquaSQrium

GD

Man, that would be some fun bow fishing those big carp right there.

Nice going taking the kid fishing . Thanks for posting up

LOL vic, its better then babysitting him at home lol jk, forget it vic you got the kid hooked, great looking shots, nice cuz.

very nice vic, you got yourself a new fishing buddy.

Thanks for the replies...Looks like im heading out tomorrow with Cappo. I hope the weather cooperates. Forecast says 25mph winds and 30% chance of rain...we will give it a shot anyway. Plan B will probably be Bass Pro Shops LOL.

Thanks for thinking of me bro. Bring your trout rod and have a go at those carp. Just flyline some bread and watch the topwater action... They pull harder than those stripers. Better yet try flyfishing for the carps. That would be fun also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast