Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castaic Lake 12/18/09 Back to College

Default Castaic Lake 12/18/09 Back to College

Friend of mine from college wanted to go fishing and put some food on the table. It has been almost 10 years since we were in class ignoring what the lecture was and talked about the stock market. We were daytraders during the internet boom and we skipped class cause we thought we knew better. Days of the watching "boiler room" every week and high hopes are over. Now both of us jobless and out of the financial industry, we both set out to remember the good old days and talked about what are just stories now. With a little less hair, older but not wiser, we went fishing.

We started the afternoon with a nice striper.

This is Erik. What stupid red sweater.

This is average size stripers we getting. All good size. Very few schoolies, just nice ones this evening.

Smaller model, but better than the regular schoolies.

Another nice unit. That is food on the table for Erik and his dog chico.

This is how the cooler looked after the short the trip. Only a few schoolies. All nicer units. We kept 17 of the nice size fish. Alot more got released and we had a few whopper break offs. I definitely need to change the line or up the line test.

Parting shot. I love this place.

Hope you all enjoying fishing with Erik and I. We had a lot of fun. Time to go ride my bike in the mountains. Have a good weekend.
    Last edited by marzocchi; 12-21-2009 at 05:17 PM.

Those are some nice striper. I hope I can do as well as you guys when I go on Wednesday.

Just asking... What bait were you using

Quote Originally Posted by vertical View Post
    Just asking... What bait were you using
    We used Sardines.

Nice job on the nice grade fish. What methods were you guys fishin? Depth? Drift? Gonna try it out in the morning so any help would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Liteliner View Post
    Nice job on the nice grade fish. What methods were you guys fishin? Depth? Drift? Gonna try it out in the morning so any help would be cool.
    Anchored on a spot of fish. 80-90 feet was the depth I was at. Drop down a sardine. But you can use a bucktail with a curly tail, if you dont want to get messy. I did not get to use the bucktail. This was my friends Erik second time fishing, so I had to keep it simple. I will be doing some bucktail action next week. Good luck out there tomorrow.

nice report, thanks for the info too. gonna go during xmas break if the weather cooperates.

Very nice. those are really good size and the fishing has been great at castaic. i caught a 15lb near kong island today.