Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Putting the license for '09 to good use!12/18

Default Putting the license for '09 to good use!12/18

Decided I would take out the Whaler on a Solo trip and test the throttle cables/ steering console that I have been working on. I wanted to make sure all adjustments were good before I really bolt this sucker in!!! I don't know why I ever used a tiller motor...steering is the way to go. Everything worked as planned and I am able to fish alot more comfortable now. Anyways, back to the report. I realized when I was on the water that I left ALL of my lures in my new lure kit, at home. I needed something to tie on in case they popped up. All I had was a AA bomber, and a fishtrap in the glow color. I decided to tie on the swimmy(fish trap) just in case, and it paid off later.Read On.. I trolled along with my usual umbrella spread. I trolled from 7am til about noon. weather was ok in the morning, but then the wind kicked in again...DAMN! It was kind of a slow day , 4 fish landed. 3 stripers and 1 LMB. Highlight was pulling up towards the BL and some boils popped up between me and the shore, I slowed down didn't bring in the troller, and flung out the swimmy into the action. Line went tight, slack, and then TIGHT, and it was bendorama!! A nice LMB came up and shook off as I was lipping her KVD style!!!A pic of her would have been nice! It seem as if the meat is at about 80 feet deep up to about 40 feet.
    As I pulled up to shore to let the dog run around, I noticed a white sexy shad tangled in a giant ball of weeds. I managed to pull it out and toss it in my box. I looked down and saw a crawdad color one in there too, I proceeded to yank that one out as well. As I pulled out of the cove I loooked at all the grass there and even found a 3rd one, also a white shad that someone removed the diver on it. I think it was a good day and Santa gave me an early Xmas gift. 3 stripers and 3 crankbaits.
    Picture of my dog Roscoe waiting for a bite...
    and the console I put in the whaler...
    Good luck all.
    FyI:
    I Caught all my fish in the ski arm. Good luck out there!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1215091008-02.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	16807   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1218091548-00.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	16808   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1218090909-00.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	16809   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1218091552-00.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	16810   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1218091552-01.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	16811  

Last edited by Fishthewhaler; 12-19-2009 at 11:37 AM.

Default ftw kills some more

HEY MAN QUIT STEALIN ALL THOSE OLD LURES OF THE SHORE,,,LOL,,,,THATS FUNNY DAMON AND YOU STILL SCORED FISH,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

I love that picture of your dog wearing your fishing license. Best picture ever...lol.
    Last edited by marzocchi; 12-19-2009 at 11:10 AM.

Nice X-mas score!

Congrats on the Steering upgrade, sure make fishing allot more enjoyable.

capt'n

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT'N View Post
    Nice X-mas score!

Congrats on the Steering upgrade, sure make fishing allot more enjoyable.

capt'n
    Especially when your trolling, I don't have to use my third arm anymore!!!LOL My herniated disc wasn't killing me at the end of the day most important. also gives me less clutter on the deck.
    thanks for reading
    FTW
    PS: I hear we aren't required to wear our licenses in 2010! maybe I won't loose mine again this year...
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL

MARZ>>>>Roscoe the dog appreciates the comments!
    Last edited by Fishthewhaler; 12-19-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishthewhaler View Post
    Especially when your trolling, I don't have to use my third arm anymore!!!LOL My herniated disc wasn't killing me at the end of the day most important. also gives me less clutter on the deck.
    thanks for reading
    FTW
    PS: I hear we aren't required to wear our licenses in 2010! maybe I won't loose mine again this year...
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL

MARZ>>>>Roscoe the dog appreciates the comments!
    That is correct! We wouldn't be needing to wear our licenses in 2010! I didn't wear mine half the time anyway, lol. Nice striper!