Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castaic Lagoon 12/18 - Dinks!

Default Castaic Lagoon 12/18 - Dinks!

It is good to see that the bite has picked up a little at the Lagoon since last weekend. I caught a small (DINK!!) LMB and that was it, but I wasn't fishing any of my favorite spots. I was trying to move around and explore new areas that I haven't fished before and a couple spots were decent. I was also fishing with Robo Bass and he caught a dink LMB and a decent crappie. He also managed to lose a 2 lb LMB right when it got to the surface! Also, we both managed to get in a massive snag a couple minutes apart from each other and I lost one of my favorite lures for winter bass!! It was extremely windy, especially for float tubing, but today was still a fun day. I probably would have been able to get more and better quality fish if it hadn't been so windy and miserable. I didn't want to move too far away from Paradise Cove, since it is usually the least windy part of the lake. Robo Bass's first float tubing experience was very good, even though he caught more fish! Haha!! I will leave him to tell that story!

Nothing really "picture worthy" today.

Ya, it was a bit funner for you, you didn't go overboard and your stuff didn't get soaked

At least no skunk for u guys. Hopefully the winds die down. I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by cappo View Post
    At least no skunk for u guys. Hopefully the winds die down. I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow.
    Ya, no skunk so it was alright. It will probably be windy again tomorrow, so I would stick to Paradise Cove if I were you. It is shielded from a lot of wind.

Nice job getting a couple in the less than desirable conditions.

I'm going to get out there on Sunday. gonna see if a couple of buddies want to hit the upper lake...maybe rent a boat for the morning. I'm hoping to land a couple stripers, then head down to the lagoon in the afternoon for a shot at some lagoon trout on mini-jigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ffejrobins30 View Post
    Nice job getting a couple in the less than desirable conditions.

I'm going to get out there on Sunday. gonna see if a couple of buddies want to hit the upper lake...maybe rent a boat for the morning. I'm hoping to land a couple stripers, then head down to the lagoon in the afternoon for a shot at some lagoon trout on mini-jigs.
    I'm probably going to hit the upper lake on Wednesday. I will probably use my new swimbait setup. Someone needs to teach me to catch trout! I haven't caught one in years and I really want to catch one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    I'm probably going to hit the upper lake on Wednesday. I will probably use my new swimbait setup. Someone needs to teach me to catch trout! I haven't caught one in years and I really want to catch one soon.
    Same with me, I haven't had any trout action in a long time.