Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: castaic lake

Default castaic lake

i just called the the castaic lake tackle shop and they said that the largemouth bass has really slowed down. and if you are going to castaic try to go for stripers. im sorta a beginner and im not so sure what bait ill be using for the stripers on monday. any suggestions. i know shad work, but i dont have a shad net. they are really expensive, but i do have shad imitations. DO STRIPERS BITE ON WHITE CHATTERBAIT? PLEASE LEAVE ME WITH TIPS AND DIFFERENT LURES OR BAITS THAT HAVE WORKED FOR YOU IN THE PAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by bassmaster5529; 12-18-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Are you gonna be from a boat or shore? The sardine chunks always work on the bait and wait. Or you could throw some bucktails or troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Agro View Post
    Are you gonna be from a boat or shore? The sardine chunks always work on the bait and wait. Or you could throw some bucktails or troll.
    on a boat.

You are going to be on a boat for striper on the upper lake? Try a big swimbait like a Huddleston. I know Butch has been catching some BIG striper on Hudds.

Or go to the Lagoon and fish for LMB. The bite has picked up since last week.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster5529 View Post
    i just called the the castaic lake tackle shop and they said that the largemouth bass has really slowed down. and if you are going to castaic try to go for stripers. im sorta a beginner and im not so sure what bait ill be using for the stripers on monday. any suggestions. i know shad work, but i dont have a shad net. they are really expensive, but i do have shad imitations. DO STRIPERS BITE ON WHITE CHATTERBAIT? PLEASE LEAVE ME WITH TIPS AND DIFFERENT LURES OR BAITS THAT HAVE WORKED FOR YOU IN THE PAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    largemouth bass has really slowed down ..... Hmmmm......
    Thats new ........