Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LNL slow, yet GINORMOUS!! 12/12/09

Default LNL slow, yet GINORMOUS!! 12/12/09

I went fish less till from 6:30AM-3:30PM. I moved 4 times and eventually found the fish in the creek area. I threw bait all day for nada, dropshotted, mini jigged. Then finally, at 3:30PM one of the float tubers near me mentions to use an orange power worm. One size 14 owner mosquito hook later, split shot, and of course an orange powerworm; I was quickly rewarded with a full tailed 4lber and 7lber my personal best.

These were the first decent fish caught on my new diawa spinmatic/ abu cardinal set up. They performed great with 2lb straight floro.

Fishing was SLOW today. No full limit fishing today. However, most of the fish I saw landed were GREAT quality. 4, 5, 6, 7lb+ fish.

IMO I'd take quality over quantity anyday.

nice. give it about 2-3 more stockings and that place will be WFO on bigguns! i cought a 12lber last year and hooked 5 more that same day over 10lbs.

Congrats on two very solid fish Bradakas....

Here we goooooo!!!!

TD

Thanks guys. I just noticed the date on the title is 12/12, its supposed to be today's date 12/17.

Thats greate man awesome, tahts better than a full limit... Mb

Nice job on the quality size trout!

Default nice job

[QUOTE=Bradakas;415110] to use an orange power worm. One size 14 owner mosquito hook later, split shot, and of course an orange powerworm; I was quickly rewarded with a full tailed 4lber and 7lber my personal best.

How'd u fish the power worm..? Jigging, or wait and bait? Ill be there sunday and usually have my best luck down by the dam. I've never liked the flats area but usually never give it to much patience there and dont feel like battle fishing by the boat dock. haha

[QUOTE=abovi001;415205]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradakas View Post
    to use an orange power worm. One size 14 owner mosquito hook later, split shot, and of course an orange powerworm; I was quickly rewarded with a full tailed 4lber and 7lber my personal best.

How'd u fish the power worm..? Jigging, or wait and bait? Ill be there sunday and usually have my best luck down by the dam. I've never liked the flats area but usually never give it to much patience there and dont feel like battle fishing by the boat dock. haha
    me and the float tuber killed it by taking a half crank on the reel then letting it sit for a few seconds, then repeat. However, I let it sit bait and wait style once it was in the "zone." The fish were about 10feet from shore.

good luck.
    Last edited by Bradakas; 12-19-2009 at 01:39 AM.

Wow! 2 great fishes there! Could ya see the fish cruising by? That place was good on flylined salmon eggs when they stocked the Utah Hookjaws. You can only wonder if it'll work for these fish. The fish being planted are quality for sure. Quality over quantity any day for me too! The small fish don't cut it anymore for what these lakes charge to get in.

Awesome, congrats on the beautiful fish!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast