Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castaic Lake 12/17/09 Plus Size Units with Pops

Default Castaic Lake 12/17/09 Plus Size Units with Pops

Took my pops out fishing today. Woke up at 4 o so dark and cold. Had breakfast, loaded the boat then headed out to my favorite lake. Again, the fishing was excellent and the larger fishes made for more than a enjoyable day on the lake. Here are the moment in time shots, enjoy:

Here is how the morning looked. One of the prettiest morning I seen in awhile. I really got lost in the scenery today.

My pops started the day with a nice Cat. It actually looks bigger than it is. We guesstimate about 7-8 pounds. How you like my new bass pro net? It is rubber and the hooks does not gets stuck in the net. Pops got it for me. Thanks Dad.

We started getting some schoolies at first, then the larger units started to close in. Here is the first.

Another pig. This one gave me a great fight.

The bigger ones are the prettiest.

We limited out pretty quick. Alot of nice fish today. 20+ fish for about a 1/2 days fishing. These suckers are getting bigger and more abundant every week. Here is the picture of the days catch.

Here pops with some random stripers.

Thank you for fishing with me again. Hope you had as much fun as I did. Happy Holidays.
    Last edited by marzocchi; 12-18-2009 at 12:32 AM.

Default troll?

troll fish? bait fish?

Quote Originally Posted by bayfisher86 View Post
    troll fish? bait fish?
    Bait Fish.

Nice job. What were you guys using if you don't mind me asking? I am probably going to hit the upper lake on Wednesday and want to catch a few striper.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    Nice job. What were you guys using if you don't mind me asking? I am probably going to hit the upper lake on Wednesday and want to catch a few striper.
    Big sardine belly chunks. It kept most of the schoolies away with the bigger piece and attracted the larger models. Good Luck out there. =)

Nothing like going fishing with pops. Congrats on a fine day, looks like you guys really got them good.... Mb

cutbait Guest

Awesome. Nothing like a good day fishing with your dad or your kids! Or both!

Nice job out there!!

You sure got that spot dialed in!!

Keep on slayin em!!

congrats on the catches, looks like a great days slay out there and some quality family time, I got huge props for that.....I salute you !
    Nothing like getting a good solid catch and spending some time with family !

One small suggestion though for next time, take a few photos with you guys in it for scale, it's difficult to get a true idea of the scale of fish with a photo of a fish in the net or when one holds them at full arms length.
    Pictures can be subjective but those fish your pops is holding look to be about 4 lbs..

Not bellittleing your catch in any way just food for thought, nice fish...nice slay..

Nice work.
    Salute !
    Gary

Dang the digital scale age...... nice units there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast