Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hesperia Duct

Go to some garage sales and find yourself an old mountain bike. It helps tremendously to get where you want to go or get out of there quicker. Put your fishing gear in a backpack. You can cover a lot more ground.

Gary, Thanks! You got me Jonesing again!! I'm going back tomorrow to practice all the new stuff I'm learning, either at dawn or early evening, possibly both. Probably won't use the second pole for
    bait and wait unless I can find some way to secure it just in case something big hits it!( I should be so lucky) I tried the bait and wait a couple times. The ground was so hard it was really tough getting my pole holder into the ground, it really wasn't too secure. I didn't know the current was seasonal either. last time I was there was the first time I saw the water not moving. I've only been going for a couple months or so.......Just put some new line on the reel, straightened out my gear, got me a lamp.. I'm READY!!
    KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolux View Post
    Go to some garage sales and find yourself an old mountain bike. It helps tremendously to get where you want to go or get out of there quicker. Put your fishing gear in a backpack. You can cover a lot more ground.
    Your reading my mind! Would be ideal for some of those long stretches between parking areas.

I picked up a nice huffy in great condition for 12 bucks a few months back.

Quote Originally Posted by M@M View Post
    Nessie Hunter,
    That's a GOOD walk!!.... Have you ever been out there at night??......By the way ....I took your advice from one of my previous post and exchanged my BPS Off Shore Angler Gold Cup reel for a Daiwa. It's the Emcast sport 4500. Like you said, for the same price. Thanks, I'm happy with it!
    Im glad for that, much better quality & performance!!!

That last run was my favorite spot.. It was close and easy to get to & free.
    So I went often. Mostly alone, didnt have many close buddies into fishing.
    Used to just go and walk it for the exercise & cast a lure now & then so I felt like I was fishing.
    I tried it at night a few times, alone!!! To many noises in the bushes and my imagination ran wild.....

I have some old pics of that area of the duct while empty..
    I have also smart casted it for depth & structure....

It is shaped like \_/ and averages 15 ft in 'water' depth....

Hang around the siphon at sunset/dark.. You will be amazed at the fish activity.. Jumpers every where. You can even see the stripers in the water coluum where it comes up in the fenced off area.. Cool!!

That siphon is like a chum feeder. Anything that gets caught on the other side (fish, dogs, cats, people, wild animals etc) is cut up and fed to the fish waiting for chow time!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    Im glad for that, much better quality & performance!!!

That last run was my favorite spot.. It was close and easy to get to & free.
    So I went often. Mostly alone, didnt have many close buddies into fishing.
    Used to just go and walk it for the exercise & cast a lure now & then so I felt like I was fishing.
    I tried it at night a few times, alone!!! To many noises in the bushes and my imagination ran wild.....

I have some old pics of that area of the duct while empty..
    I have also smart casted it for depth & structure....

It is shaped like \_/ and averages 15 ft in 'water' depth....

Hang around the siphon at sunset/dark.. You will be amazed at the fish activity.. Jumpers every where. You can even see the stripers in the water coluum where it comes up in the fenced off area.. Cool!!

That siphon is like a chum feeder. Anything that gets caught on the other side (fish, dogs, cats, people, wild animals etc) is cut up and fed to the fish waiting for chow time!!!!

Thanks Nessie Hunter for info. That spot at night alone could definitly be creepy!!!
    So you actually saw some stiper in there. That's good to hear!!
    I was talking to a guy there a couple weeks ago he was fishing for catfish
    he told me they had drained it a while back(4yrs?) and there were striper in it then. Any that have gotten in there since should of grown to at least a few lbs. wouldn't ya think?

Last draining that I know of was 7-07. Here are a few pics of it...

There was maybe a foot or two of water left at bottom..

Very Cool Pics! Thanks, I'm heading out there in about an hour!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12