Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fire in Independance!

Carrie, I'm glad to hear that things are getting better where you are.

FYI, you look like a natural with the FS radio!!!! 8) One_Leg loves women in uniform.

Probably pretty hard to do much archealogy when everything is on fire.

I wonder if they will discover any new Native American Indian settlements now that the fire has exposed more terrain?

Thanks for the updates.

One_Leg

does anybody have a site to look up info on the june lake loop fire

Quote Originally Posted by Spike/Hunter
    does anybody have a site to look up info on the june lake loop fire
    I just got back from June lake village. I actually saw the bolt of lightning that started the fire. I told my brother "thats gonna cause another fire" and sure enough it did.

Thank God it started to rain last night and it rained until about 8 AM. It must have helped the fire fighters a lot. When I left the loop around 11 AM this morning, the fire looked to be out, but it must not have been. The CHP was still diverting traffic into june lake, and they had to take the loop all the way around in order to get on the 395 north of the june lake junction.

Long story short-the hills were still smoldering, but I didnt see any flames like i did last night. And the 395 north was closed at the june lake junction.

went to the inyo web and found that altough the june lake fire is 80% contained and supposed to be completely contained tonight which is good news BUT theres a new fire called the slinkard fire up the hill from the topaz guard station many of the fire fighters are moving to this new area

I kind of figured this was going to go on for awhile!! Yeah....the June fire is done! There is just a lot of smoke. The 395 is open again....but I really do not know when these fires will stop. I was going to go up north this weekend and fish but with all this I really do not know. I am going to camp at Devil's Postpile all next week with my boys and we will be fishing up there...soo I can finally post fishing reports again! The following week we will be at the Channel Islands (Santa Cruz) all week so maybe more fishing then. Anyways, the fires are gettin better. I hope some of u can come up here and visit if u ever get a chance!

Thanks for the update, Carrie. Have fun, and maybe I'll see you sooner than you think. :wink:

One_Leg

Carrie,

We are on our way up there Saturday morning early and coming back Tuesday. Still thinking about giving you a call when we are on the way back....

X

ive been keeping an eye on these fires cuz im goin up there this saturday for a week to mammoth to do some serious fishing hopefully these fires are put out quickly and no one is hurt good luck to any one goin up this weekend and maybe i will see some of u guys

Glad to hear that fire is out too.
    We're going up there this Saturday as well. 8)
    Staying in June Lake Loop, but I'm sure one day we'll head over to Mammoth.

We are going to leave early Saturday morning. So, if you happen to see this truck on your trip make sure to wave or say hello...

X

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast