Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire in Independance!

Default Fire in Independance!

Hey everyone!!

This isn't a fishing report....sadly...lol& #46; BUT there is quite a fire in Indy right now and the 395 is shut down! Apparently, lightining struck the Mtns by Onion Valley and so some of my friends at Manzanar live by there had to quickly get up there!

I drove back home this weekend to get some stuff for next week and 2 hrs later the 395 is shut down. Please pray for the town and my boys that I work with! Some of their dads r cops and in this! I don't know if they will have to evacuate the town....hopefully not!

Anyways, luckily I am back home this weekend but.....don't know how easy it will be to drive up the 395 this weekend!

:shock: Hopefully they will get it knocked down really quick. My prayers tonight are with you and everyone that might be affected by the fire.

Troutman65

Carrie. The fires are between Indy and Big Pine. 385 is closed at the north end of Indy and south of Big Pine. From what i understand there 7 different fires. Onion Vally and Oak Creek are the largest. They are burning on both sides of 395 at this time and also into the Sierras. There is also a large fire in Big Pine canyon above the lodge. All started about 1 pm from dry lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by vancej
    Carrie. The fires are between Indy and Big Pine. 385 is closed at the north end of Indy and south of Big Pine. From what i understand there 7 different fires. Onion Vally and Oak Creek are the largest. They are burning on both sides of 395 at this time and also into the Sierras. There is also a large fire in Big Pine canyon above the lodge. All started about 1 pm from dry lighting.
    Well, that sucks big time for sure......best of luck to all.....Both critters and peeps!

8)

Carrie,
    I hope everything works out for the best.

One_Leg

Hi All,

I am a F/F in Southern California (Riverside)

These fires (called the Inyo Complex) and large and are growing. Lots of resources from up and down the state are being sent to these fires. The fires are expected to get quite a bit larger today.

There are 3 large fires totallying more than 7,000 acres. 395 is closed and unknown when it will open.

If the group would like, I will post updates as I get them.

Prayers for the folks living up there and my brothers and sisters fighting the fires.

Pete

Pete. Hi Heres a good site to get updates on the Inyo Complex http://www.inciweb.org/incident/767/
    395 is now open but the road was burned in some spots and is kinda rough.
    Thanks for the update.
    Vance

Thanks for the info guys! I have been watching the news and there isn't anything on this!!? The boys I work with at Manzanar have been calling me and giving me details, but I have to drive back up there tomorrow afternoon. I am hoping no ones houses will be affected or that Manzanar doesn't get affected either since the fire is higher up. BUT it is bad enough that the fires are burning the land up as it is!

As long as no ones house is burnt, or any historical places are destroyed I am happy. As far as the fire goes, the earth actually needs to be burnt at certain times. For example, some seeds can only germinate at tempuratures above the heat of fire.

Default Check out these links

From other websites.....

http://http://www.whitneyportalstore...ge/1#Post37770

http://http://www.panamintcharlie.ne...986&highlight=

395 is closed at the Kern/Inyo line up to Big Pine. Mandatory evacuations in Independence....

Hope everyone is okay!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast