Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 12/14 long beach

Default 12/14 long beach

Left hh 4pm. Saw Hesbro out there doing his thing. Hope you guys got them. Was heading over to our secret spot but saw too many hoopers and lurkers out there so decided not to hoop there and give up our secret spot. Since we werent pressure to catch any lobster we decided to do some recon. Head out about 5 miles out of angel gate. Meter around and bingo found a nice wreck in 60ft. drop all ten nets soak 20 minutes got 3 legals on our first set. Nice. Drop them again this time waited 30 mins but started to have engine overheating problem. Dam . Instead of taking a chance decided to pull the last set and was rewarded with 5 more legals. Wanted to stay but engine kept overheating so we limp back to port at 8knots. So boat gonna go in the shop so until then im boatless. All in all found some new spots on the outside and for some reason i think the lobster on the outside look heathier then the one inside of long beach. heck what do i know. Sorry no lobster pics for fear of retaliation.

nice report,but i like to see pics,dont worry i won't bash you for hoopin.also sorry about the boat,im in the same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman from long beach View Post
    nice report,but i like to see pics,dont worry i won't bash you for hoopin.also sorry about the boat,im in the same situation.
    I have a boat if you're willing to show me how to hoop, either one of you!!
    23" Yamaha SX230. I know it's a pleasure boat, BUT, it floats and runs well.

Sorry to hear of the overheating problem and glad to hear you made it back safely. Pull the thermostat, chances are it is a $7 fix. Was it peeing? I am sure it was or you wouldn't have been able to dog it back at all so it's not the impeller. Change the stat. Two bolts and $7 later and you are back on the water.