Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where my jiggers at?

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    hey mike i need to get some jigs. idk if lary has your boxes but hes un-reliable as hell. i talk to him and never hear back. tell that kid i need some jigs lol.
    If you need them you have to come to my house sorry i cant drive . It sucks staying at home i cant do nothing I want to make some new colors but it's to hard right now.

pm me how far you live from laguna lake. if its to far i might just have to get buy some how lol. i could help you make jigs if you want. ive never done it before but i catch one quick.

Quote Originally Posted by JIG KING View Post
    Jig's all the way you know i fished with you awhile back . I'm still making some cool jig colors. I just had back surgery so i will be lade up for some time.Wen im back on my feet we should fishing . I got a 3" worm mold im pouring for trout i haven't used them yet but i got some good colors.

Yeah we used to fish together in the good ol' days

Back surgery manouch

You gotta get better soon so we can hit the Sierra's together this year.

Get better man, hope to see you out there ASAP.

PM me your number I lost my phone (and everyone else's) with your number in it.

Stay up Mike

Hola..

living in the high desert the only thing bitting in the winter at my local pay lake is trout and you can catch them on powerbait and worms and to me thats boring so i ran and bought a low budget jiggin setup. ended up with a 7'6" spinmatic rod and sedona 1500FB. still no luck catchin anything but i really want to get into it. any advise for this nubie

Quote Originally Posted by rollinblackout View Post
    living in the high desert the only thing bitting in the winter at my local pay lake is trout and you can catch them on powerbait and worms and to me thats boring so i ran and bought a low budget jiggin setup. ended up with a 7'6" spinmatic rod and sedona 1500FB. still no luck catchin anything but i really want to get into it. any advise for this nubie
    PM me I can give you some advise!!

Trout 1

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAgent View Post
    I didn't exactly know where to put this at because I didn't see a general fishing tab under general fishing so if this is the wrong place sorry mods..

Just wanted to know who fishes plastics only for the trout, no bait at all? What are you fishing and what is the percentage you fish different set-ups?

For the most part I am fishing 1/32nds lead heads in my skirts from shore. I have about 4 or 5 colors I start out with depending on where I'm at before I start digging around in my boxes for something else. I like to use more visible colors in dirty water and more natural colors in clean un-tinted water. 2lb Ande is my best friend and works for me as I have fished everything else. I like to use 1/16ths oz lead for deep water or clean bottom lake conditions or even in the wind for a little more feel with the line because it's not always that easy to see whats happening with your line in the wind. I use 1/64ths and 1/80ths for certain conditions but rarely ever. I fish skirts most predominantly.

Other methods I like to use would be the drop shot with various different plastics ranging from power worms, nymphs, shad and other plastics. I also like to use 4lb test most of the time (when I'm not being lazy) to fish the drop shot. Split shot with all of the same as mentioned above, and one of my favorite of all time is the triple swivel. I have caught some monsters on this rig with my PB being 17lbs at Hesperia. A water bubble with a dry fly is also another fun way to catch'em especially because it's a surface bite and can be very deadly during certain times of the year.

Wad up fellas who's fishing the plastics and no bait? Wad up with your methods and what do you use most? I'm interested in hearing from you..
    Nice collections BTW. I'll have to try and post some pictures up of mine sometime soon. I'm still fishing on my 6'6" old school phenix a rod I custom wrapped which is a fenwick HMX 8'6" fly rod.

As far as the plastics I use, I love using Lip Ripperz above all other plastics hands down. I almost always start off with the trout worms first now days, then switch to the jigs.

But there is nothing like fishing jigs for trout and they hit that little 1/32 oz jig.

For line i'm a big Ande fan as long as it's ANDE tournament. On my other spool i'm usually tossing Izorline XXX.

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHuck View Post
    Nice collections BTW. I'll have to try and post some pictures up of mine sometime soon. I'm still fishing on my 6'6" old school phenix a rod I custom wrapped which is a fenwick HMX 8'6" fly rod.

As far as the plastics I use, I love using Lip Ripperz above all other plastics hands down. I almost always start off with the trout worms first now days, then switch to the jigs.

But there is nothing like fishing jigs for trout and they hit that little 1/32 oz jig.

For line i'm a big Ande fan as long as it's ANDE tournament. On my other spool i'm usually tossing Izorline XXX.
    That 6'6" is perfect for wormin

I used to fish nothing but worms too..

Worms are deadly even dead sticked

Holla..

Just a few side notes it's very likely that the same manager that was at GVL last year is now going to be back this year great news! Bob is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

JigKing is making some of the best looking stuff out there. I highly recommend checking out his stuff at Sav-On Tackle in Sante Fe Springs to pick up a few lil somethin-somethings before you head out for your next trip. I will post some pictures later but I have to say very nice to be sure! Thanks man.

Just thought I would add this to this thread too since it's more relevant here.

Here is a few pictures of JigKing's work:

Black with the Yellow is Hot!

Another one of my favorite colors is the Yellow/Red/Black the FIre Tiger is nice too..

The Green/Red flake White/Red flake

The pink is pearlescent and the pictures don't do these things justice really. The tails are immaculate. The minnows aren't too shabby either. Great work Mike!

Could someone help me ... I couldn't find he Sav-on-tackle website ... tried googling

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast