Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where my jiggers at?

Default Where my jiggers at?

I didn't exactly know where to put this at because I didn't see a general fishing tab under general fishing so if this is the wrong place sorry mods..

Just wanted to know who fishes plastics only for the trout, no bait at all? What are you fishing and what is the percentage you fish different set-ups?

For the most part I am fishing 1/32nds lead heads in my skirts from shore. I have about 4 or 5 colors I start out with depending on where I'm at before I start digging around in my boxes for something else. I like to use more visible colors in dirty water and more natural colors in clean un-tinted water. 2lb Ande is my best friend and works for me as I have fished everything else. I like to use 1/16ths oz lead for deep water or clean bottom lake conditions or even in the wind for a little more feel with the line because it's not always that easy to see whats happening with your line in the wind. I use 1/64ths and 1/80ths for certain conditions but rarely ever. I fish skirts most predominantly.

Other methods I like to use would be the drop shot with various different plastics ranging from power worms, nymphs, shad and other plastics. I also like to use 4lb test most of the time (when I'm not being lazy) to fish the drop shot. Split shot with all of the same as mentioned above, and one of my favorite of all time is the triple swivel. I have caught some monsters on this rig with my PB being 17lbs at Hesperia. A water bubble with a dry fly is also another fun way to catch'em especially because it's a surface bite and can be very deadly during certain times of the year.

Wad up fellas who's fishing the plastics and no bait? Wad up with your methods and what do you use most? I'm interested in hearing from you..

Proof is in the puddin...

i like to use mini jigs most of the time. if there just not working ill try split-shotted power worms and nymphs. if that dosnt work ill go to the d/s. i just started using power nymphs this year and i gota say that they work. just gota becarefull because trout like to swallow them. mini jiggin is by far my fav way to getem. i wish i had the arsanal of colors and sizes like you got but so far yellow/white, rainbow trout, shad, and fire tiger have been my top producers. folowed by toad and green olive nymphs.

100% artificial for almost all fish. Will do some bait in the Saltwater.

Im not as organized as you are since I moved, its still a mess..

Great selection of baits & colors.. Awesome Trout also!!

I like the jigs and D/S power worms a lot..
    But also will use high/low rig at times to cover more of the water column and locate the feeding fish.
    (D/S with jig as a weight)

Just started to get into Fly fishing also.. Fun, but Im still catching more trees then fish...

Very impressive collection, thanks for sharing....beauty of a brookie btw!

Can you tell me a little more about this triple swivel set up, are you fishing more than 1 jig at a time etc.?

TD

Wow that's a nice setup you have. I like that nice brookie out of Green Valley Lake. I love to jig, they are the way to go!!

FISH ON!!!

Great selection of jigs I like the boxes that uou keep your jigs in. Where can they be picked up? I'm just getting back into the fresh water scene and got myself a new tube and some new setups. Planning to only fish the 2lb and no stinking bait ever. I have had some lucky with some Jigs both Lipripperz and some micro jigs in plastic and hackle. Also fishing the worms both Power and Lipripperz. To me seems much more fun in a tube than shore but just don't drink to much liquad refreshment before or during the trip.

If I use plastics I usually go the d/s route. I tend to only use nymphs and trout worms. I tie on the trout magnet from time to time and it does fairly well.

What I truly like to do is fish for trout using hard baits such as minnows and spoons. I also tend to throw metal vibration jigs in deeper water.

I personally hate using bait when fishing for trout. I'd rather stay away from the sticky power baits. I also usually release most of my fish so I use barbless hooks on most of my lures.

im 100% plastics for trout. i wont use bait.

favorite are...
    1/32oz mini jigs
    d/s lip ripperz

nice collection you got there.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Very impressive collection, thanks for sharing....beauty of a brookie btw!

Can you tell me a little more about this triple swivel set up, are you fishing more than 1 jig at a time etc.?

TD
    Triple swivel is simply one end tied to your main line, one end tied to a drop shot weight and one end tied to a hook with a power worm or nymph or whatever you want to put on there. The drop shot weight drags along the bottom and the plastic behind it slightly up off the bottom and it gets a unique action from this that drive trout crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by mytyt View Post
    Great selection of jigs I like the boxes that uou keep your jigs in. Where can they be picked up? I'm just getting back into the fresh water scene and got myself a new tube and some new setups. Planning to only fish the 2lb and no stinking bait ever. I have had some lucky with some Jigs both Lipripperz and some micro jigs in plastic and hackle. Also fishing the worms both Power and Lipripperz. To me seems much more fun in a tube than shore but just don't drink to much liquad refreshment before or during the trip.
    You can get those boxes at the Longfin. You can also order them online.

killer set up! where do you get your gear

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast