Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cachuma in the rain equal Crappie day

Default Cachuma in the rain equal Crappie day

Was called in for dutie (work) in the santa barbra area. Me and my partner got the job done earlier than usual so we decided to hit up cachuma. Packed up the truck and headed up the mountains. Go to the gate at around 2pm and headed straight to the fishing pier. The rain died out when we got there so we set up and looked around. Saw a couple people fishing to the left of the pier and they were constanly pulling in fish. At first I thought it was trout but later found out it was huge slabs. I got in on the action and a couple min in I finally hooked up. It was a fat ol slab. The bite continued for almost an hour and shuts down when the rain came pouring in. I ended up catching way over my limit but Only kept a few for tacos. I have pictures but don't know how to load. When I figure it out I'll load them on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Striper_Slayer View Post
    Was called in for dutie (work) in the santa barbra area. Me and my partner got the job done earlier than usual so we decided to hit up cachuma. Packed up the truck and headed up the mountains. Go to the gate at around 2pm and headed straight to the fishing pier. The rain died out when we got there so we set up and looked around. Saw a couple people fishing to the left of the pier and they were constanly pulling in fish. At first I thought it was trout but later found out it was huge slabs. I got in on the action and a couple min in I finally hooked up. It was a fat ol slab. The bite continued for almost an hour and shuts down when the rain came pouring in. I ended up catching way over my limit but Only kept a few for tacos. I have pictures but don't know how to load. When I figure it out I'll load them on here.
    nice report cant wait for the pics

here is the picture of the slabs that came home with us...hopfully it showed up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0132.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	16755  

Those look like some nice crappie. I got one nice one today at Castaic Lagoon to beat the skunk, lol. Bass fishing is more of my thing, but any kind of fish is fun to catch! All I cared about was not getting skunked! It didn't matter what kind of fish!

what was the bait or lure of choice?

Congrats, crappie fishing is a lot of fun when they are biting like that...

Nice job! What were you using for bait?

Nice fish!! Looking forward to catching some crappie! Hear they are some of the best tasting panfish! Looks like another great day of fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    what was the bait or lure of choice?
    white grubs!!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBASS MB View Post
    Congrats, crappie fishing is a lot of fun when they are biting like that...
    they came up very tick right before the rain...but when the rain started pouring down the bite slowed down big time....will be back in the Santa Barbra are this weekend so i might just hit it up again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast