Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strangest Way You Caught a Fish

Default Strangest Way You Caught a Fish

Okay, here is a rainy day discussion since my fishing and I suspect a lot of yours is getting rained out this weekend.

What is the strangest way you ever caught a fish? I am not asking about the strangest catches. I have seen those discussions before and have a few of my own. But sometimes, we catch a fish in a fluky way.

Here are a couple of my own, both of which happened at the docks at Silverwood. 1. About 10 years ago, I was fishing there with my dad, when I brought up a small Bluegill which was in no way whatsoever hooked. The line had wrapped snugly around its body, with line passing between two of its dorsal spines on top, and two of its anal fin spines on the bottom. I had a jig with a worm for bait, and a split shot a ways above that. Apparently, the split shot sank faster than the jig when I dropped the bait, and when I pulled it up, wrapped around the Bluegill. My dad and I got a real laugh out of that, then I put the puzzled little critter back. 2. A couple years after that, I hooked a fish on a Crappie jig in deep water there. On the way up, I got snagged in the cables and the line broke. Then, an 8-9 inch Crappie with a bloated swim bladder floated to the surface, with my jig in its mouth. I simply netted it, since it was floating nearby and unable to swim.

3. Another time at Perris, another fisherman and I both brought in the same trout at the same time. It had both of our hooks in its mouth. This was on the old fishing piers on the dam, and I remember it was July 2 which is my parents' anniversary. It was a nice size holdover trout. Those were the days at Perris when trout such as those could be caught from shore in the summer.

3 or so weeks ago, I took out Kaitlin for a day's fishing. We both ended up catching the same trout - both of our hooks were in it's mouth.
    We laughed our asses off over that one!

many moons ago i caught a carp on a plastic worm, through its back! must have cast out worm, which landed on its back and as the fish swam off i set the hook. fun fight since the fish came in sideways.

A few years ago, I was crabing on one of my vacations in Louisiana. I was bringing up the crab net when a gator grab my net and wouldn't let go! He finally snapped my whole net and swam away with it. He gave me a good fight,in the end he won. Of course my Co-Workers didn't believe me. But I always have my camera with me. I showed them the pics and it shut them up real quick!!! Cindy

i cought a trout on a jig in the mouth and it ate another guys power bait at the same time. his hook was deeper so i gave him the fish. ive cought bluegill on snap swivels, trout on bare hooks. i tied a duck feather to my hook and cought a fish once. even snaged a gold fish with a bent safty pin at a lake by my grammas house when i was like 8. lol thats what got me into fishing. i even made a fishing pole with a pencil and a spool of thread hahaha.

1. i was fishing for carp at the road runner floating bar on the parker strip with french fries and ended up catching a 12 pound cat.

2. fishing for trout at yucaipa regional park with mini jigs and caught a pretty fat carp in the middle of winter. again at the regional park i caught the same fish as my bud who was fishing across the lake from me.

I was once bluegill fishing and ran outta bait. I looked all over the ground for some kind of bug. I didnt find a bug, but i found a band, casted it out, caught 2 bluegills!

Was Downrigger fishing. My line snagged and the line broke off. Continued to fish the other downrigger and another surface troll line. A while later I realized that my first downrigger was still down. Pulled it up and the line was still attached at the release (wrap around style) and a trout was on the line. Hand pulled it in.

9. Default

Was walking on the beach, found a string tied to a log, other end out in the water. Pulled it in, found a small fish on it, still alive. Unhooked it and let it go-it was a freshwater sculpin, surprised it lived very long on that line.

Was casting a K7 trout pattern kwikfish @ jess ranch, caught a LMB that was barely bigger than the lure. Those things will eat anything!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast