Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10-12 morning Bako duct

cutbait Guest

Default 10-12 morning Bako duct

Just got home from work this morning and got a call from Hwypig about hitting the duct this morning. Sure, meet you there!

Roll up to the first spot and was pretty sketchy with the muddy roads, but made it in. Saw a truck in our spot. Dang!! When we pull up to the truck, I recognized the plates. COOL, fellow FNN'er.. Hwypig, son, and I walk up and greeted by BassNRack, and Yakker!

Bonus. Get to fish with some online buddies. They give us the low down and farmed a few, and one good pig Yakker couldn't budge. Possible DD?

Anyway, we start fishing. Boom hook-up!! good fish. 4lb 8 oz on the scale. Getting him off the hook and Yakker hooks up again. 4lb 6 oz on the scale. I gotta get me a scale, these fish I have been calling 3.5's.. We were skeptical of the weights and weighed them on a second digi scale. Same weight. Cool!

Here's Yakker with his 4.6

Hwypig and hwypiglet with two fish

Then BassNRack hooks up! Down deep on the fall with a trap, he get struck. Sets the hook and fights what he and Yakker thought was a trout. Weird colors on this thing coming in.

Ends up being a 3lb American Shad. {30lb striper CANDY}

Right where you said they would be TB

Then BassNrack sticks this 15lb range carp. Still can't believe he touched it?

BassNRack continues to catch Duct exotics and absolutely refuses to catch striper. LOL
    He lands this small LMB

Never seen such a wide variety in one trip. I should of targeted the crappie, or greensunfish

Felt good to be out in the comfortable 50 degree weather fishing with some great company.
    Nice finally meeting you guys.

I enjoyed it
    Last edited by cutbait; 12-12-2009 at 10:49 AM.

First time out striper fishing since last winter and I can't even catch a striper! What a wierd day on the other species though. I hooked the carp in the back with a trap. What a fight! And just to set the record straight, I DIDN'T TOUCH IT!!!!!

Nice finally fishing with you guys! We'll have to do it a again shortly.

That is a big american shad...I would like to see another picture of that thing....Very cool on the variety. Haven't been able to make it down to the bako area, usually I'm fishing more on the Hisperia area by Pearblosom. Not much striper action lately, just a few big cats.

NICEEEEEEEEE,,,,,,,Ive finally got a few minutes to spare to catch up on my FNNing,,,,,,,Work has been off the hook lately,,,27 straight days of work and still counting,,,,,,,

WTG Guys on the duct work,,,,CUT BAIT soon we will be making that SECRET run and REEK HAVOK on some PIGS.

congrats TO ALL OF YOU

TRAIL BLAZER

cutbait Guest

Glad your back TB, I'll be honest. I have been struggling w/o ya. I even resorted to fishing for stocked trout!

Man, that a variety of fish huh! highwaypig jr well on his way to be a sniper. nice post mike

Default duct

Mike thanks for posting and good to meet you guys out there. Good fishing with you Brad.
    We had a good time catching all of the different fish and my first striper on a jerkbait. We'll have to try again. See you guys out there.

-Chris

All these good reports of stripers (great job fellas!) and I am starting to get the itch to head to Taft! I need to hook one of those toads.

Guess I should have gotten up early and headed out with Hwypig. That would have been entertaining for you, pig farming them and me tuna slinging,,,LOL I'll be back out there soon enough, its only getting colder.

Very nice sand stripers. I need to find my way to that concrete river.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast