Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: East Highland Reservoir

1. Default East Highland Reservoir

-nvm, no go-
    Last edited by carpanglerdude; 12-04-2009 at 04:10 PM. Reason: more info ;)

Default Private lakes

Those two places you have to live at those houses there or know someone who is from there. And they dont stock them too much anymore from what im told.

3. Default

Oh well, that's too bad :)

Before I dive back into some more studying, I have a couple more places to ask about, thanks to Google:

Spot 2.
    Drove past that place several times. It's tiny tiny tiny, but I can't figure it out-there's no way to access it without running across the freeway (from what I can tell), but why is it there? Random water feature Redlands put up to beautify their town? lol.

And lastly, I'm guessing this is a big no-go, but it doesn't hurt to ask, right?
    Spot 3.http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...87891&t=h&z=14
    That's right, those quarry ponds. Where I used to live, quarry ponds had awesome fishing. Some you had to sneak into, others didn't mind if you fished there. Guessing it's more of the former here. Any info?
    Last edited by carpanglerdude; 12-04-2009 at 04:10 PM.

sup bro, i see your doing some off sceneic recon...that's cool and all, but i honestly think you won't get much answers about places like these..you would probably have to foot patrol it...*ninja* if need be....and when you catch an awsome night of bass slayage at your new found honey hole, keep that ish in the pockets bro..goodtimes on the *ninja smoke screen*

And caltrops

6. Default Recon Report

Did some recon today:

I also tried to check out this spot off of Alabama street. There's enough room to pull off to the side of the road, but there's a small gate with a no tresspassing sign at front...the whole riverbed area there has lots of 'santa ana riverbed wildlife region no tresspassing' all over it-stupid. That spot looks sweet from Gmaps and GEarth, looks like a series of large ponds that are sometimes drained (with some always with water), and very fishy...just locked up (semi ;) tight.

Lastly, I fished a tiny office complex pond off of Hospitality Lane in San Bernadino-easy to spot from the road, lots of public access. Scouted the place for 10 minutes in the early evening, saw loads of carp, koi, and, believe it or not, one very large bass cruising with them. Couldn't resist trying to get him, threw some light jigs, got a few hits from smaller fish (sunfish?), but couldn't entice a bite.
    Then, I started getting the evil eye from a secretary in the office building, everyone else was ignoring me. Eventually, a security guard showed up and politely informed me that there was 'no fishing allowed.' Didn't cause any problems, probably had never seen anyone fishing there, lol.
    That bass in there is probably ridiculously pissed to be spending the rest of his life in a office complex pond, surrounded by koi, heh.
    Last edited by carpanglerdude; 12-04-2009 at 04:11 PM.

wtg on marking your ninja map up..i put pin points on my map with fish speices and routes..i'm not organized, just upsessed with organized anarchy..even if it's fishing...
    Last edited by BIG*GAME*HUNTER; 12-05-2009 at 09:55 AM.

Are you talking about the pond over by Pat & Oscars? I would have never guessed a bass would be hanging out in there. I bet everyone was pretty confused to see someone fishing there!

9. Default

BigDan^ Yeah, that one.

Well thats good that it has fish in it again. About 2 years ago it was drained completely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast