Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Live Trout for Sale!!!

Default Live Trout for Sale!!!

So here I am in Georgia and I walk into a tackle shop that is a major live bait dealer.

They sell live trout for the striped bass! I didn't see any in stock, but got a big laugh just seeing them on the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by fleaflicker View Post
    So here I am in Georgia and I walk into a tackle shop that is a major live bait dealer.

They sell live trout for the striped bass! I didn't see any in stock, but got a big laugh just seeing them on the menu.

yup trout are a legitimate bait for stripers in other states, never used them before but i heard there awesome!

I've fished Lake Norman, NC with them. You buy them by the pound, they weigh a container of water then put the trout in. You have to keep your receipt with you while you fish and you can't use them in any body of water where trout are stocked.

They're awesome bait. They stay alive in the live well, no problem and the striper love them.

Default Trout bait

Quote Originally Posted by fleaflicker View Post

Why not. Sounds good to me.

Havent seen live trout but I have seen live bass...

Hey man that picture above must be from a Vietnamese/Chinese supermarket or Vietnamese/Chinese restaurant because i can see the words "cá chẽm" at the bottom line means Bass. ^_^

Wonder what size hook to use (know it depends on the trout size), test line and method of hooking the trout?