Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Bass Fishing Regulations Clarified on Castaic Lake homepage

Default Bass Fishing Regulations Clarified on Castaic Lake homepage

It was brought to my attention today that a "clarification" of the Black Bass limits at Castaic lake has been added to reflect split limits for the Upper Lake and the Lagoon.

The limit for the Lagoon is now posted as 5 at 12" and over.

The limit for the Upper Lake remains 2 at 18" and over.

When I started fishing at Castaic about six years ago the limit was the same for both lakes.
    5 at 12" and over. It was changed a few years ago to 2 at 18" and over on the website.

I always thought this limit applied to both lakes since it was changed. Was I the only one who thought that or have many of us been in the dark about these regs for several years now?

What I would like to know is why if the information on the website was wrong for so long, nothing has been done about it till now?

What's your take on it? Is this a good thing or what?

The limits don't affect me that much since I do all catch and release but it would be nice to know that somebody in charge of the Castaic Lake website is paying attention to the accuracy of the posted rules.

Two plus years is a long time for something to be wrong on the website and remain uncorrected.
    Last edited by geobass; 12-08-2009 at 09:23 PM.

Thanks for posting this on FNN, GeoBass. Butch got it changed on the website.

I don't really think it matters, because the people that were keeping bass, were keeping the small ones anyway. Plus a lot of people that want to keep them cannot catch them anyway, lol.

I think you are probably right about that Fire Ball. Good luck catching five at the Lagoon.

For most people, including me, that is pretty tough to do I have to admit.

Ya I thought it applied for both lakes for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    Thanks for posting this on FNN, GeoBass. Butch got it changed on the website.

I don't really think it matters, because the people that were keeping bass, were keeping the small ones anyway. Plus a lot of people that want to keep them cannot catch them anyway, lol.
    front page news...
    Last edited by SDDave; 12-10-2009 at 07:52 PM.