Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: secret spot in long beach 12/07

Default secret spot in long beach 12/07

All day it was raining but i keep thinking to myself if lobster do crawl during a storm. No better way to prove this myth then go do it. Call around and found one donkey to brave the storm with me. In fact his first time too. Got his license and lobster card and off we went in the pouring rain. Left HH at 4pm in gale force wind took us over and hour to get to our secret spot that i usually get in 15 mins. drop our first set of 5 and 5 another 300 yards away. let it soak for 20 mins Boy All i can say is, it not easy positioning nets around structure in a gale force condition, Down right dangerous but we manage. Anyhow long story short, pull our first set and went 9 for 10 new record for me. In fact one net had 4 legals. Needless to say we were stoke. 1st set we had eight legals on board. only took us another 2 sets to round off our limits. we were home by 7:30 watching monday night football.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01830.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	16680   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01832.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	16681  

you are crazy!but thats a great catch,about time someone posted up a bug report.

Nice job!

Hooping in the rain sucks!!! I can't wait for the rain to end.
    Glad you did well.
    Last year two hoopers on Bloody decks died when their boat got swamped and they didn't have their life jackets.

Awesome bugs! My buddy is a Commercial lobster fisherman and he said the bite is actually better during storms or choppy conditions. The clearer the water the less likely the bugs will come out. They prefer to feed in murkier conditions. I guess they feel more sheltered maybe.

Great work on the bugs but from the pics it sure looks like the water sure laid down and the high clouds, not like the other night? Just asking...

guess it was worth braving the rain. Nice bug.

Quote Originally Posted by ahhvtec View Post
    Great work on the bugs but from the pics it sure looks like the water sure laid down and the high clouds, not like the other night? Just asking...
    See how the camera is blurry, that was from the rocking of the boat. but that was nothing. it was far worst when we got in and out of the harbor. You can tell alot from pictures and yes we were inside that why it call the "secret spot"

Default ????????????

Quote Originally Posted by ahhvtec View Post
    This from the guy that questions others posts questioning his bragging posts?
    Just asking........................

WTG Joey, we have not had a night like that yet this yeaar! Check your private messages bro!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast