Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Buena Vista Lakes

Default Buena Vista Lakes

I'm from the central coast and bassin is a little slow. I'm thinking of heading over to Lake Webb. I have a bass boat and primarily target LMB, but I love to catch Striper and Trout as well. I have all the gear for both. I'm going to be camping as well. Any advise or recent fishing reports that can help?? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks!

Default Lake Webb

Lake Webb is a very shallow lake. Most of it is 6 feet or less. There is one channel running down the north side that varies from 9-16 feet. You might catch LMB around the islands or the banks. No trout planted in this lake and the stripers are gone. There are come cat fish, crappie, and bluegill along with the LMB. Lake Evans is the deeper lake and has planted trout and catfish. There is a fee to fish there though besides the normal gate fees. You can also fish for LMB, crappie, and bluegill. Lake Evans also has a no wake speed (5 MPH). Fishing is tough on either of these lakes for LMB but they are there. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Brush Hog View Post
    Lake Webb is a very shallow lake. Most of it is 6 feet or less. There is one channel running down the north side that varies from 9-16 feet. You might catch LMB around the islands or the banks. No trout planted in this lake and the stripers are gone. There are come cat fish, crappie, and bluegill along with the LMB. Lake Evans is the deeper lake and has planted trout and catfish. There is a fee to fish there though besides the normal gate fees. You can also fish for LMB, crappie, and bluegill. Lake Evans also has a no wake speed (5 MPH). Fishing is tough on either of these lakes for LMB but they are there. Hope this helps.
    brush hog the only thing you left out is MOST of the rangers are first class-dicks.

Default Rangers

I agree with that for the most part. Most of the rangers at Buena Vista are the county newbies. They are put out at this barren lake and during the summer alot of their time is spent with visitors that think the rules are made to be broken. The winter months are much more lax as long as you obey the rules. One of the best ways to meet a ranger, is go faster than 25 MPH driving in the park. Otherwise, they are usually easy to get along with. I have worked with them for over 30 years and have never had a problem.