Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 1000 size reel. suggestions?

Samgann, this is the Mg "Magnesium" model, it retails for $229.00!! So the savings is like $120.00. I think you are thinking of the regular Stradic 1000 which retails for $159.00 for your replied $50.00 savings and free shipping. (BTW It's free OVERNIGHT shipping in California!) This is a huge discount! LOL better than you thought! THANKS for giving the heads up!

For the price difference I would normally opt for the regular Stradic, however for this type of savings $50 from regular model/not Mg (Is that what you meant?) $120.00 from retail... WOW! Anyone thinking of getting a new 1000 series or anyone wanting a screaming deal on an outstanding reel. This is it!

Thanks again Samgann!

if i had the money there would be no hesitation and i would have it by tomarow lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dabigfish View Post
    Samgann, this is the Mg "Magnesium" model, it retails for $229.00!! So the savings is like $120.00. I think you are thinking of the regular Stradic 1000 which retails for $159.00 for your replied $50.00 savings and free shipping. (BTW It's free OVERNIGHT shipping in California!) This is a huge discount! LOL better than you thought! THANKS for giving the heads up!

For the price difference I would normally opt for the regular Stradic, however for this type of savings $50 from regular model/not Mg (Is that what you meant?) $120.00 from retail... WOW! Anyone thinking of getting a new 1000 series or anyone wanting a screaming deal on an outstanding reel. This is it!

Thanks again Samgann!
    hhahahaha. wow im soo lost. lol

the reel i posted retails 229.99 and is 110. so like a 120 savings and then tacklewarehouse's shipping is free if your order is above 50bucks which it would be if your getting that reel. so big savings for a kick a** reel. haha. sorry if i was unclear in another post. i wanna pick one up asap.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    yeah unfortunatly i gota wait till next wensday. a friend is trying to see what kind of deal he can get me on the stradic CI4.
    Thats the next reel on my list of things to get.

The ci4 is a bitching reel. But I'm not sure why the reel feels like it's difficult to turn the handle straight out of the box. Ive felt the display models at bps and they had the smoothness you'd expect. Maybe the gears need to mesh together for a bit before you get that smoothness?

the reel should be smooth straight out of the box. Maybe they need to get another floor model or ask to see one out of the box.
    I would be very concerned if it felt that way.

I have a stradic Mg and a Symetre and they both a really smooth reels. You should try the Symetre it's a great reel for the $$.
    Last edited by WormFisher; 12-09-2009 at 11:31 AM.

See the new Stradic 1000 CL4. ABSOLUTELY BALLS-OUT SICK STUPID

I have 2 stradic 1000 FH, and they are awesome, but these are hands down the nicest reels of the 1000 class I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by That Dang Guy View Post
    The ci4 is a bitching reel. But I'm not sure why the reel feels like it's difficult to turn the handle straight out of the box. Ive felt the display models at bps and they had the smoothness you'd expect. Maybe the gears need to mesh together for a bit before you get that smoothness?
    My Core 51MG wasn't smooth out of the box. But after 2-3 trip out with it, it's like a hot knife going through butter.....

I wanted a couple cheaper trout reels, so after reading reviews on Bass Pro Shops I went with the Mitchell Avocet II Gold reels. $35 bucks. They're very smooth and getting smoother with each trip and they have great drag. For the price they're very good reels. The spare spool is plastic, but I guess that's standard. Landed about 7 trout on 2 trips with the biggest being around 4 or 5 pounds and every time the reels performed great.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults

Based on feedback from this forum last year, I purchased the Sahara 750 with an extra spool. Absolutely love it, no issues whatsoever. I am thinking of picking up another one this year to replace my old reel.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast