Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000 size reel. suggestions?

I just snatched a new Saros 1000F for $75 on Ebay. I love that reel. VG, have you played with the Symetre? It's a really nice real that fits perfectly in your price range. I know you don't like buying online but you can get much more bang for your buck. I see a Symetre 500FJ or a 1000FJ for $80. You could have it in your hands by the weekend.

I know most guys here will not even attempt to try a Pflueger, but last year I thought what the hell and dropped $100 on a Pflueger Supreme. This bad boy has not let me down yet after a good 30 -40 trout trips in mammoth or down here in Socal. I use it tossing my minijigs and trout worms and the drag is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilky smooth. It's also got a magnesium body and 9 stainless steel ball bearings.

At least give it a try and check out the reviews!

Pflueger Supreme

BTw i use that 8025 supreme, spooled up with 2 # ANDE tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHuck View Post
    BTw i use that 8025 supreme, spooled up with 2 # ANDE tournament.

I've heard great things about that reel just haven't had the chance to give it a try.

yeah im just putting some ideas together right now. ill be going next wensday to some shops to check out some reels. im actualy kinda leaning twards a stradic or a sahara. but my homie is going to try and get me a deal on the new stradic CI4. its suposed to be build out of carbon fiber.
    Last edited by vanillagurilla; 12-08-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    yeah im just putting some ideas together right now. ill be going next wensday to some shops to check out some reels. im actualy kinda leaning twards a stradic or a sahara. but my homie is going to try and get me a deal on the new stradic CI4. its suposed to be build out of carbon fiber.
    ive played around with the new stradic and im not a fan of it. i would pick my symetre over it.

damn huck theres some nice specs on that reel for $100. cant get a mag reel for $100 from anyother manufacturer. and the spool is mag too... thats rediculous. lol. maybe ill buy one and if i dont like it ill just take it back. oh well wont find out till next week.

Wow, saw Samgann's post for Tackle warehouse/ Stradic Mg. I have most sizes of the Stradic line and love them all. (3 of the 1000's) But the Mg for $110 !!! Just ordered one due to the price. I just hope they ship one for that price. Maybe I'll give it as an Xmas present......maybe not. Jump on this one!

yeah unfortunatly i gota wait till next wensday. a friend is trying to see what kind of deal he can get me on the stradic CI4.

Quote Originally Posted by dabigfish View Post
    Wow, saw Samgann's post for Tackle warehouse/ Stradic Mg. I have most sizes of the Stradic line and love them all. (3 of the 1000's) But the Mg for $110 !!! Just ordered one due to the price. I just hope they ship one for that price. Maybe I'll give it as an Xmas present......maybe not. Jump on this one!
    50 dollars plus is free shipping =]

glad i could pass on a hell of a deal

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast