Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1000 size reel. suggestions?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1000 size reel. suggestions?

looking for a 1000 size reel for under $100. ive been to all the websites but id like to know your experiances with your reel and so on. im going to be using 2-4lb line. if anyone has a reel for sale that might fit my needs feel free to pm me. or if you just want to fish sometime. i like to pick on the city park trout when im broke and hit the paylakes when i have cash so the reel needs to be capable of 10lb+ fish.

Check out the Shimano Sahara. It comes in under a c-note and has been redone this year. Shimano has also just released the Sienna that is $29.99 and not only comes in a 1000 size but also a 500. If you are looking at a great budget reel that will perform this is the one for you. If you have a little more money to spend then check out the Sahara.

shimano symetre. awesome reel and can definetly catch a dd.

im at corona a lot. let me know if your there.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults
    Last edited by samgann93; 12-07-2009 at 05:52 PM.

ill look at these closer now thanx guys.

f you have an extre 10 bucks. this is an awesome reel. at an amazing price

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...NO-SSMGFB.html

VG...let me know what ya need. I got the hook up!! Ju know what I mean!

yeah im not one on ordering things... no patience when it comes to gear i guess lol. i like that semetry too. im asking because im buying my self a x-mas gift lol. plus i want it to last. ive been using shakespeare agility reels in the 500 size but i need a little bigger reel for better casts with jigs. the stradic is really nice to just a little to much $$. my gf and i gave eachother a $100 limit on ourselfs lol.

Save $10 somewhere and get the Stradic man! Definitely a killer reel, and that is a bargain price. You get a spare spool with it, and you don't with the Symetre. Symetres are very good too though for the money. Either of those can easily handle a big trout, so just pick up what works for you.

I've carried Shimano Sahara and Sedonas at my shop the last four years but over the last year and half or so there has been an extremely high percentage of them that have had problems right out of the box. I've heard this from other retail outfits as well. I used to be a huge Shimano guy but having personally had two of the last four that I bought for myself fail on me - I have some serious doubts about their current quality. I'm not buying those models any more, or carrying them in my shop....it's a huge hassle to deal with it and I don't like hassles.

I did pick up a Daiwa Exceler 1500 about a month ago and I've fished it hard - best spinning reel I've had (for the modest price tag) in years....I realize that its not a 1000 but dang its a good deal and would fish 4lb string fine.

I have a Quantum Catalyst 10 that has held up great over the last 18 months...another good option for a reasonable price. Its more like the 750 series Shimano reels though...perfect for trout. I like it a lot better than the Sedonas or Saharas that I've owned.

Just my opinion based on my experiences over the past year or so....

peace,
    smitty
    Last edited by Sierra_Smitty; 12-07-2009 at 09:11 PM.

thanks smitty. your advice shows great influence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast