Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bako - Buena Vista - and more - Marathon of fishing and fiasco's !

Quote Originally Posted by breeze71 View Post
    ***** My first suggestion would be to access and if bad go to the hospital to get it removed.

1. Always carry pliers on you...not in you bag or in the car...in your pocket at all times of fishing.
    2. If you have a fish on the hook at the same time, put you foot or knee on it head near the gill area to stop it moving and remove the hook from its mouth first. Luckily Gary was there and he held the fish down for me but that's gonna be tough alone but doable.
    3. See how deep the hook has penetrated and if it will pull out. Chances are that if the barb has gone into the flesh and you will have to push the hook through.
    4. Plan a exit strategy for your hook. If the hook tip is pointing towards a bone then you will have to pull up and then around and up away from the bone. If the hook is not obstructed then point the tip towards the closest skin exit.
    5. Press hard on the area where the hook is for 2-5 minutes until the area goes numb from pressure and pain.
    6. Bite on your teeth...tense your muscles and push the hook through WITHOUT HESITATION.
    7. Snip the end of the hook with the barb off and pull the remainder out.

The more you hesitate...the more it's going to prolong and hurt you.
    Here’s my suggestions:

DON’T GET HOOKED !

Hiro: Bite on your teeth ? Hiro is that what U were biting ?

Another suggestion….

DON’T GET HOOKED !

U were lucky I was there buddy, I had to do the same whole ordeal on my own with fish thrashing and no pliers (they ended up in the car but I couldn’t find em in my trama…

So last but not least….DON’T GET HOOKED !

P.S.
    Please direct any other inquiries to Geordybass818 (tip o the month king)

Ha ha ha ha

Carry the pliers….wow…I shoulda’ thought of that !

Hiro remember now….”what is it your NOT supposed to do ?”

”what is it your NOT supposed to do ?”

...play with raccoons? haha

Gary, this post has to go down as the post of the year. You're the man, awesome read, awesome adventure and awesome fish. I really like the picture of you,with the striper and you're racoon buddy with his right paw around you !!!!!!!!!!! Hope to see you guys soon ! John

Default Sweet slay agian guys

Looks like you guys had a blast! And the racoon.....LOL looks satisfied!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12