Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the DFG continue to plant fish? Or even allow it?

One guy very eloquently denounces another member's opinions with a "shut up you liberal," and another advocates violent revolution against the US Gov't (while exclaiming anti-Semetic jargon: "[the] Joos got to [America]"; and BTW, didn't you reproach the educational system for inciting racial tension in an earlier post in this thread?) because of a fishing issue... Wow guys, lighten up. Its FNN, not Fox News.

There's another thread asking what happened to some members who've been MIA. I think we have our answer.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    screw the endagered species. animals and plants have been endangered and going extinct for billions of years. its natural. there not stocking some creeks and lakes because of a frog. and in these lakes are already bass that eat frogs. so wtf mate?
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion, I respect that, but just an FYI - the other side (aka the bad guys) LOVE it when anglers express views the way you did. It makes us appear ignorant, thoughtless and unfit to have a say in anything related to nature....it basically frames us as a bunch of dummies doing our best to wreck everything in nature without the slightest care as to how our actions may impact it....

I would like to think that most of us aren't in the "screw the endangered species" camp....I know I'm not. One thing we have to consider is the reality folks - there is a strong movement against us, both from a bunch of crazies in need of some agenda to latch on to as well as from folks within the very agency that are supposed to be responsibly managing our resources for our enjoyment. We better learn to fight this with more than sharp language and belligerent opinions or we're the ones who are going to be endangered.
    Last edited by Sierra_Smitty; 12-24-2009 at 05:21 PM.

I'm going to have to talk to a few people to get the real deal on this before forming a firm opinion. It does sound scary though - especially with the DFG's continuing ineptitude at managing our fisheries for angling enjoyment and giving us a return on our money.

I will say this - I don't trust this state's goverment to make the right decision about anything because I have yet to see them do it in my adult life. California has in incredible ability to drive even the best and most well meaning of things straight into the ground. At this point I am convinced that when the state government, or even federal or local governments for that matter, want more regulations on something - especially when those regulations were developed in reaction to and inspired by fear of a special interest group of some kind (like well funded enviro groups) - there is no real interest on the part of the state to fix anything or improve anything. Its simply a rationalization for more taxes, fees, licenses, etc. and to justify more government bean counters without any real concern for the positive or negative affects on the people who pay for it.

With regard to the DFG aquaculture permits - there have been some folks who have been considered to be making use of a loophole in the law. State licensed farmers should be just that, state licensed fish farmers.....which unfortunately isn't the case. I'm in favor of closing that loophole.

I'm pretty friendly with one of the big players in aquaculture who would be affected by this if the article represents the reality of the situation. I'll report back after I've had a chance to speak with that person.

If the worst case scenario of this all comes to fruition, especially if many our state hatcheries are found not to meet the "new guidelines", the impact on my business would be nearly unfathomable....I am concerned. Should have read this after Christmas......
    Last edited by Sierra_Smitty; 12-24-2009 at 05:23 PM.

While certain animals DO require protection, many, however, are listed for political reasons, and it really shouldnt be that way.

What we have in america is Lawyers deciding whats endangered, and what isnt.

This is a disaster for animals in general, and as a result, the tragedy of the commons will always cause another animal to become "endangered"

Alot of these enviro groups claim success, when in reality they did absolutely nothing to help the very animals they claim to save! --All they did was whine and eat veggies.

Take for example GreenPeace, who claimed to have saved the gray whale, which in reality rebounded because of whaling restrictions, and -NOT- because of the endangered species act.

This is a total failure, and I'm quite surprised anyone trusts politicians these days after the crap they sling at us! Especially the stuff they vomit lately! Yeesh.

The MLPA will inevitably damage the very fishes they claim to defend!

I seriously believe we should think about regulating what is put in our local lakes even if it will increase the price of admission. Can anyone tell why we have a sea of shad dieing off in lakes every year? Could it be that the trout leave nasty bacteria or diseases? Even worse would be seeing stripers die from eating unregulated trout.
    Last edited by superbigfish; 12-26-2009 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superbigfish View Post
    I seriously believe we should think about regulating what is put in our local lakes even if it will increase the price of admission. Can anyone tell why we have a sea of shad dieing off in lakes every year? Could it be that the trout leave nasty bacteria or diseases? Even worse would be seeing stripers die from eating unregulated trout.
    I can answer the shad question== Its because they dont tolerate extreme temperatures.

They die when it gets too cold, this is natural and happens everywhere you can find them.

Also, when shad boil, they often kill themselves, because of how fragile they are.

They are very delicate creatures, if you held a live shad, you would know.

Trout are already well-checked, and well maintained. Go visit a hatchery. They welcome visitors, and love giving tours. See for yourself, they are carefully checked and reared.

You dont seem to understand what insane specs trout require to keep them from dying in captivity.

Adding crazy requirements is just going to leave us with poor quality trout, and will force many hatcheries to close as a result. The last thing our state needs is crap like this, when we dont have the money to keep throwing crazy laws (that cost ALOT of money) out there.

The same people that claimed we are causing global warming are the same people that said we were headed to a new ice age. Just some food for thought.

Bacteria..

Even worse would be seeing stripers die from eating unregulated trout.
    Sorry, I just had to laugh at that.....tell me you aren't serious hahaha.

We are trying really hard to keep civil, and punks like superbigfish are just making it harder to be taken seriously, when people are pulling lies out of their anus, we cant be taken seriously, man.

Words mean stuff, you know? You cant just say anything you want, you know?

Dont make up ridiculous claims, you saboteur.

Wait until California runs out of water in the coming decades. It's gonna get ugly...

We complain about how things are and how we are losing our freedom but people like superbigfish are the people that ACTUALLY vote. Sad but true...
    Last edited by SpawnX14; 01-04-2010 at 12:07 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast